Liberty University

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At some point, we have to recognize ”white evangelical christianity” is just a smoke screen for white supremacy. These people are not ”like Christ”. Their god is white supremacy - pride, greed, selfishness, and corruption. Things that God hates.

It is the idolatry of themselves.

They are who the Bible speaks of in Phillipians 3:18 - 19 KJV

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19Whose end is destruction, whose God is theirbelly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

If they were truly of God, then injustice would be important to them. Police brutality would be important to them. Rather than twisting the issue to make it about ”pride of country”. When they know in their hearts that what pride in this country really means to them is unflinching support for the pervasive system of white supremacy that the flag, the national anthem, the military, the police and so forth represent.

Welcome To Mississippi

At some point, we have to recognize ”white evangelical christianity” is just a smoke screen for white supremacy. These people are not ”like Christ”. Their god is white supremacy - pride, greed, selfishness, and corruption. Things that God hates.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19Whose end is destruction, whose God is theirbelly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

If they were truly of God, then injustice would be important to them. Police brutality would be important to them. Rather than twisting the issue to make it about ”pride of country”. When they know in their hearts that what pride in this country really means to them is unflinching support for the pervasive system of white supremacy that the flag, the national anthem, the military, the police and so forth represent.
BAM!

Well, blacks have embraced this corruption by choosing to attend these racist universities and defend Mr. Charlie's book of hypocrisy called the Bible. :(

Nike is about their bottom line but some of my Black folks act like Nike is really doing something for us. Nike ain't shit. Don't be fooled by Nike putting Kaepernick in some ads and paying him like that means they care about Black issues. I'm really thinking most of us will be fooled by Nike like we've been fooled by Democrats. If Nike was above board they wouldn't use sweatshop labor. But, I guess that doesn't mean anything to us because those are poor Asians Nike is abusing. Nike using Kaepernick is more about a PR battle against Trump because Trump wants to put higher taxes on the items Nike manufactures in Asia as a means to twist Nike's arm to move more of their manufacturing to the U.S. Kaepernick is a pawn in that battle.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
While it may be true Nike is primarily concerned about their bottom line, let's not minimize the impact the businesses can have on social issues. Whether it's Woolworths, the Birgmingham Bus Company, Nike, or Ford. Whether the decisions are involuntary or voluntary, the decisions companies make can shape social policy. In fact, I believe many who oppose Kaepernick’s protest are now realizing the futility of their actions. Their cause is unjust and they will eventually lose. This ad campaign by Nike - though it may be profit-centered - may help speed that end.

This is the type of thinking that gets us symbols and regression. What of substance have Black folks gotten from this changing social policy? Far too many of us are emotionally manipulated into these political situations yet we don't control the politics on our end and settle for charismatic leaders and symbols. The Washington Post says we are currently at the same financial position we were at before the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964. And, don't even mention the state of the Black American family. Our Black families and communities were stronger pre-Integration. Currently, the Black American family has imploded. The examples you mentioned are examples of us, Black folks, getting played for fools; led to slaughter by the liberal/communist/ democrat establishment. We got to eat and shit next to Whites all the while destroying the little economic base we had. This move will further harm us economically as well because we are supporting globalization or Nike and Ford and other large companies not using U.S. labor. Don't get me wrong I'm supportive of integration but to a point. We integrated but at the expense of our economic and moral standards. That was a bad move we will continue to pay for.

Kaepernick will become symbol of "social justice" and that's all we will gain if you want to call that a gain at all. But, Kaepernick isn't working for us because he's cashing checks from Nike and George Soros. Like Martin King worked for Communists and his handlers were Bayard Rustin and Stanley Levinson.

Last edited:
This is the type of thinking that gets us symbols and regression. What of substance have Black folks gotten from this changing social policy? Far too many of us are emotionally manipulated into these political situations yet we don't control the politics on our end and settle for charismatic leaders and symbols. The Washington Post says we are currently at the same financial position we were at before the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964. And, don't even mention the state of the Black American family. Our Black families and communities were stronger pre-Integration. Currently, the Black American family has imploded. The examples you mentioned are examples of us, Black folks, getting played for fools; led to slaughter by the liberal/communist/ democrat establishment. We got to eat and shit next to Whites all the while destroying the little economic base we had. This move will further harm us economically as well because we are supporting globalization or Nike and Ford and other large companies not using U.S. labor. Don't get me wrong I'm supportive of integration but to a point. We integrated but at the expense of our economic and moral standards. That was a bad move we will continue to pay for.

Kaepernick will become symbol of "social justice" and that's all we will gain if you want to call that a gain at all. But, Kaepernick isn't working for us because he's cashing checks from Nike and George Soros. Like Martin King worked for Communists and his handlers were Bayard Rustin and Stanley Levinson.

You have a scarcity mentality and you sound like an old conservative white person. We are suppose to care about George Soros because of what exactly? Martin King worked for Communists? WTF planet you come from? Where is it written that you can't complain about police brutality while also being concern about the state of the black family? The vast majority of Black folks are not wrapping themselves up into this one individual. The people who support Kaepernick support him for the principle of being against police brutality against people of color. The mainstream says is not that bad or does not exist. THAT AFFECTS THE BLACK FAMILY. These people lie themselves by saying the protest is against the military or the flag. And we have a president who, on multiple occasions, intentionally fan the flames of the cultural war. He is dividing this country on purpose.

You have a scarcity mentality and you sound like an old conservative white person. We are suppose to care about George Soros because of what exactly? Martin King worked for Communists? WTF planet you come from? Where is it written that you can't complain about police brutality while also being concern about the state of the black family? The vast majority of Black folks are not wrapping themselves up into this one individual. The people who support Kaepernick support him for the principle of being against police brutality against people of color. The mainstream says is not that bad or does not exist. THAT AFFECTS THE BLACK FAMILY. These people lie themselves by saying the protest is against the military or the flag. And we have a president who, on multiple occasions, intentionally fan the flames of the cultural war. He is dividing this country on purpose.

He who pays controls. It's documented King was in bed with Communists. Read David Garrows MLK, Jr. I don't condone police brutality but the cops aren't leaving Black communities because in many of our communities we have a high crime rate.

While it does send a message that a corporation like Nike believes Kaepernick would be beneficial to its brand, it placing him in a commercial isn’t necessarily the company embracing or supporting the causes he’s trying to bring awareness to. The commercial didn’t touch on any of those issues, either. We have to wait and see what Nike does next in that regard.

Also just because Nike is paying Kaepernick doesn’t invalidate his work or his message. We can’t expect activists to take a vow of poverty just for the greater good. These camps and other things Kapernick has been part of cost money to facilitate. And apparently he was personally financing those activities for a while.

I get that there might be some concern that all of this could be compromised because of the money factor, but Kaepernick doesn’t strike me, at least publicly, as someone who is gonna waver from what he’s been doing because he has a contract with Nike. LeBron has a contract with Nike and look at all the things he said and done over the years in regard to social issues.

Folks on both sides of this issue just are seemingly too easily swayed emotionally to act one way or another. It’s a lot of nuance to this thing.

I guarantee you they sound like this clown in real life. What black person knows or cares about Soros? The only tie in that most care about is his funding of Black Lives Matter and most people questioned their authenticity beforehand

While it does send a message that a corporation like Nike believes Kaepernick would be beneficial to its brand, it placing him in a commercial isn’t necessarily the company embracing or supporting the causes he’s trying to bring awareness to. The commercial didn’t touch on any of those issues, either. We have to wait and see what Nike does next in that regard.

Also just because Nike is paying Kaepernick doesn’t invalidate his work or his message. We can’t expect activists to take a vow of poverty just for the greater good. These camps and other things Kapernick has been part of cost money to facilitate. And apparently he was personally financing those activities for a while.

I get that there might be some concern that all of this could be compromised because of the money factor, but Kaepernick doesn’t strike me, at least publicly, as someone who is gonna waver from what he’s been doing because he has a contract with Nike. LeBron has a contract with Nike and look at all the things he said and done over the years in regard to social issues.

Folks on both sides of this issue just are seemingly too easily swayed emotionally to act one way or another. It’s a lot of nuance to this thing.

I'm not saying take a vow of poverty but how can you be against one form of oppression in police brutality yet take money from a company that engages in exploitative economic practices? It's very hypocritical.

I guarantee you they sound like this clown in real life. What black person knows or cares about Soros? The only tie in that most care about is his funding of Black Lives Matter and most people questioned their authenticity beforehand

Unfortunately, most of our people aren't thinking which is why we give virtually all of our votes to one party. I don't want to think like most of us!!!

The first time I ever heard George Soros’ name was when Glenn Beck mentored him on his Fox News show. This was during Obama’s first term as POTUS. He’d talk about Soros and Obama working together every show like it was a conspiracy just to scare the hell out of white people. He had charts and graphs. Funny as hell.

Now Soros is apparently funding Kap, BLM, all of the social activists, and even regular folks (who happen to be black) who participate in public rallies and demonstrations.

That’s ironic because you only hear this guy’s name brought up as it relates to black people or black organizations trying to fight for social justice.

Never in connection with these white hate groups, though.

Back