Let's talk about good BBQ!

CEE DOG

How is the BBQ joints where you live? I swear North Alabama has to be the worst place in America for BBQ. When I go to Birmingham or Montgomery I get some good BBQ, but in Huntsville and the surrounding area it sucks. I hate vinegar tasting ribs. Plus they serve this red sauce mess that is vinegar based. They also serve this white sauce for the chicken. Now the white sauce ain't that bad, but I still prefer BBQ sauce. A good sauce compliments meat. In order to get good BBQ I have to grill myself.

I think they suck in my area..SW MS...I'll find one good one every purple moon and the price will be high but plentiful...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Unless you are willing to concede that good bbq is only cooked in the ground, we cannot discuss good bbq. :D We still do that in our neck of the woods. (dig big hole, cylinder blocks, good wood, ignite, season, BLAM!)

Unless you are willing to concede that good bbq is only cooked in the ground, we cannot discuss good bbq. :D We still do that in our neck of the woods. (dig big hole, cylinder blocks, good wood, ignite, season, BLAM!)
These young folks don't know anything about that real BBQ cooking.

Southeast Texas BBQ is plentiful. It is pretty decent here....
I hope that's not the Houston area!
Ok, I need to update/correct something, I was in Clear Lake, TX and I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I actually got the brisket and it was ok, nothing special at all.

Last edited:
I hope that's not the Houston area!
Ok, I need to update/correct something, I was in Clear Lake, TX and I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I actually got the brisket and it was ok, nothing special at all.

Clear Lake is absolutely the worst place in the Housyon area for bbq.

Gatlins (and his new restaurant downtown)
Killens
Ray's

Those are the best I've had in the Houston area and they can compete with any other area.

Clear Lake is absolutely the worst place in the Housyon area for bbq.

Gatlins (and his new restaurant downtown)
Killens
Ray's

Those are the best I've had in the Houston area and they can compete with any other area.
Gatlin's is on 3510 Ella Blvd near the Post Office north of the 610 North Loop. Greg's father is my oldest daughter's godfather. His father's family and my mother's family come from the same area of Louisiana (Funston).

And yes, the barbecue is GOOD!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back