Leonardo DiCaprio’s Big Middle Finger to the Confederacy

Mace

The History Channel Presents A Three Part Mini-series: GRANT
Grant, a History Channel miniseries airing over three nights beginning on Memorial Day (May 25), is an overt—and timely—reclamation project. His reputation having faded over the past century because, as many here assert, the South’s “Lost Cause” rewriting of Civil War history invariably downplayed his accomplishments, Ulysses S. Grant is restored by this informative and entertaining TV documentary to the prototypical modern American hero. Based on Ron Chernow’s critically acclaimed 2017 biography of the same name, it’s a stirring tribute to an individual who embodied America’s finest ideals: hard work, determination, courage, resolve, and belief in democracy and equality for all, no matter the color of their skin.

Last edited:

I watched it over the weekend. It was a good series and I enjoyed it.
A few years ago, I was in NYC and didn't know until our tour bus stopped there that his Tomb was there.
Another interesting fact is the University that is currently the home of his Presidential Papers!

LOL! Now that thought is just too much for the imagination! I do wonder why Ohio State or one of the other major Universities in Ohio didn't reach out to Archive those important documents which are so important to Scholars of American History?
You know why

Back