Lee County supervisors push back on Alcorn State University agent proposal

This is what hurts a lot of our land grant HBCU'S. Most of these PWI receives millions in funding for just being land grant school, whereas our land grant hbcu's receives half of that if that at all. Clemson gets about 20 million a year in federal and state supported programs in SC. Clemson U has a research hub in Greenville(ICAR) , that generate millions for CU and the Upstate. SC State University is barely making it.

CLEMSON ICAR- CAMPUS

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Lee County is a highly divisive region in a state that is largely divided. I don't see the January 12th hearing resulting in anything positive for Alcorn State. More of the same.

Lee County. Tupelo. there are few places in Mississippi where the Klan openly have marches. And is one of those few areas. So I am not surprised. When even their Congressman, a Repub., is pushing the idea, the local leadership is against it, claiming to want to talk to their white farmers???

Tommie Ivy is my dad. The problem is the white people want MSU to get the money.
What was the outcome of the 1/12/2021 meeting?

"Tommie Lee Ivy, the president of the board, said that he intends for the board to vote on the proposal at its Jan. 12 meeting, and he does not have any plans for the board to conduct a public hearing on the proposal."

What was the outcome of the 1/12/2021 meeting?

"Tommie Lee Ivy, the president of the board, said that he intends for the board to vote on the proposal at its Jan. 12 meeting, and he does not have any plans for the board to conduct a public hearing on the proposal."
Let me check!

Back