LeBron James:driving around Akron in a Hummer H2

Originally posted by bluedog
Now the problem that I might have is that if in some way they find a way to say he violated their high school association policies(remember they're different state to state) then not think about the repercussion on his teammates and the fact that their season woud be all for not(you gotta know that other schools and parents"white" or envious)it show's just how self-centered and immature both he and his mother is.
[/B]

Co-signed!

Originally posted by Fiyah
No matter how much you may say others are making dollars from him, he is still a kid on a public school team that has to follow the rules that are set by the Ohio School Sports Association or whatever they are called. His mother does not have a job and you cannot funnel funds, gifts, future earnings or anything thru her for him. He may have just cost his team some games when they find out all the facts that are going on and he becomes in-eligible. If he wanted to get all these things from future earnings he needs to quit playing high school ball and do that. These players usually will wait till the season is over before getting these future earning loans from banks, but NOOOOOOOOOO he needed to have the best dam vehicle on the block now instead of then. Whats a few more months of riding the bus or driving the hooptey a little while longer.

And co-signed!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

....if its a duck, its a duck.

Bruh, it's a duck. All of those hands that are stretched out now ready to be slapped with some favors, we'll see if they will be the same ones to be stretched out if he falls at any time during his career. I'm not saying fail. But fall. He is bound to make some mistakes. As we all do and have done. Does LeBron or his mother have enough experience, savvy and/or sense to pick the right people to handle LeBron ? No. Everyone claims to be the ones who care about LeBron and will do what's best for him. Let the little joker continue to get to school the same way he has been for the past 17 years. Somebody (not this board) says he deserves the Hummer. That it's a reward for enduring all this hoopla. Whatever ! His reward is being better off from the experience and file it away so he can pull on it down the road when something more crucial hits. :shame:

The rules do apply to everyone, tell who they don't apply to. Gifts under or over the table are still illegal no matter how you put it. How many have we seen schools be penalized for what individual players or coaches did to take money, cars and other things for their advancement only. Cheating is cheating no matter how you do it. What happens to his team mates thats trying to win a title and if they find something all those games in which he played are forfeited because he took gifts. They have a pretty good team even without him. Yes, he could have not played this year and took all the endosement deals he wanted, but he didn't. He wanted to play high school ball and is doing that. Now this comparison with baseball I don't get. No american high school kid is eligible for pro ball on the minor league level or the major league level. High schoolers can go pro and not go to college but how many 1st, 2nd or even 3rd rounders in baseball make it to the major league level? My guess would be about 20% and thats being generous. They get that signing bonus and make a regular base salary after that. Not too many of them even get that big signing bonus either. DOn't compare apples and oranges, baseball have about 40-50 rounds for a draft and basketball has 2 and only those in the first round get guaranteed money for 3 years with a 4th year option. I'm not saying he should go to college and forgo any money he will get from paying pro basketball. I'm saying his mom has no job, he has no job and he's driving around in a 50K vehicle....if its a duck, its a duck.

Let me see. If a kid is going to play pro baseball immediately after high school, he will have to finish his high school career first. At least I think that is how it goes. Anyway, I will have to cosign another one of Fiyah's posts.

030114_quickie.gif

The school makes 15 grand a night off high school kids.
The team is met by limo's which take them to 1st rate hotels.
Games on pay-per-view, (more money for the school), but everybody get's worked up about a freaking car.

He got it, git over it.

Fiyah, I agree whole heartedly with everything you've posted.

Another problem I have is, how many other kids will want to follow his lead, and sell their souls for a vehicle? These high schools kids are so fast to run to the NBA nowadays, and they're not honing their skills, so much so that the NBA is now passing on them, for the European players.

Certainly, LeBron is on a different level (so it seems), but there were a few kids who opted to go pro this year, and not get drafted at all, what happens when they accept these elaborate gifts, and not get drafted? The only thing they have to show for their future is a new ride, and an unemployed mother with even worse credit.

NICE

D-NICE, you make some excellent points. The year after Kobe Bryant and Jermaine O'Neal were drafted, there was a brother who went into the draft right after high school. (I think he was from North Carolina.) He won a lot of awards for basketball but was not drafted. I do not think he got all of those "gifts" from companies. But I also do not know what happened to him either.

I hope that the column below is an example of a sport's writer losing his or her mind. But I have a feeling that it is not.

LeBron's world

This whole situation is _ _ _! I am not hating on the James kid, but as my late father would have said. He and his family are turning out to be shuck and jive niccas. That Hummer is not necessary. Hell Grant Hill was a rich kid and did not have the newest ride in HS. At least they(his folks) taught him some humility. LeBron James is being set up for a fall. The media, the school, his Mom and everyone around this situation should be ashamed of themselves. If I was a HS coach in Akron who had to play them, I would protest. How in the heck do you turn a HS sport into a business like this. How can his team ride in Limos? Even though the school is making money, isn't it a public school?

Man I cosign my frat Fiyah's post. Also D-Nices and EB's. This is sick. He is a doomed kid. Hell I don't even think Kobe (who by the way was a better player in HS than this kid) was rolling like that an he had an ex NBA Daddy. SMH. This kid's mother is the worst. She is all about the money. There have been other mothers out there who were poor and had a kid that was a pro prospect, but didn't act like that. Even Iverson's mother who is loud, has more class than this James kid mother and AI family was really in need for money with his sick sister. What about Larry Hughes who's little brother needed a heart transplant. He left U of St Louis early, but his people were not acting like this. I mean James aint the first poor black HS phenom. This is being handled bad. I hope for his sake he makes it. Because if he doesn't, the same folks giving him props and exploiting him will call him the biggest flop since that NBA class of 86 that saw Len Bias die, and the majority of the first round out the NBA in 3 years. SMH. Sometimes getting the fast money aint everything. But as blacks we will sell our soul for a dollar, or much less a car. Sad indeed. :shame:

Back