La Marque High School Head Coach and AD Job Announcement

THE PVAMU

Oh Shaela'.....
The district is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the Head Coach and Athletic Director position. Please pass this on to those you may think are interested.

Job Announcement

Zbnupe7, are you in-the-know over the happenings at La Marque?

Any idea who some of the candidates are/will be?

There are a few names that were thrown out in the Galveston Daily News on 3/5/08...... Are you from LaMarque??? I have some info but won't be giving any of it out just yet......... Zbnupe do you know this person????

If you read the paper and see the Atheltic director name and pictures from Santa Fe in the sport section HE WILL NOT GET THE JOB!!!

Hopefully you know something about Santa Fe....

There are a few names that were thrown out in the Galveston Daily News on 3/5/08...... Are you from LaMarque??? I have some info but won't be giving any of it out just yet......... Zbnupe do you know this person????

If you read the paper and see the Atheltic director name and pictures from Santa Fe in the sport section HE WILL NOT GET THE JOB!!!

Hopefully you know something about Santa Fe....

Dude from SF....aw hell naw......that will not fly.......

Dude from SF....aw hell naw......that will not fly.......

All I could do is SHAKE my head when first hearing about him.... How the hell you gonna work in a RACIST enviroment that has all white kids in the program and switch over to a black school.....

Jordan picked as Coogs' next head coach

By Joshua Buckley
The Daily News
Published April 11, 2008

LA MARQUE ? Coog Nation has a new leader.

The La Marque Independent School District board unanimously approved Darrell Jordan as the next athletic director and head football coach of La Marque High School on Thursday.

Jordan spent the last seven years as the athletic director and head football coach of Dallas Kimball, where he complied a 52-29 record. He replaces Chris Jones, who resigned from La Marque on Feb. 15, after just one season with the team.

To signal the start of the Jordan era at La Marque, a pair of the high school?s graduates ? Mike Lockwood (1971) and Glen Collier (1972) ? presented the new coach the ceremonial ?Key to Coog Nation.?

?La Marque is a great place to be,? Jordan said. ?It?s a great program and a great community. There?s only one thing that can be more exciting than become a part of Cougar Nation, and that?s winning a state championship.?

Jordan led Kimball to the playoffs in each of his seven years with the school. The Knights advanced to the Class 4A, Division I regional quarterfinals in 2002 and 2003.

For six consecutive seasons from 2001-06, Kimball went undefeated in district play and Jordan was named the coach of the year.

Before arriving at Kimball, Jordan was co-defensive coordinator at Lufkin for eight seasons. He was also a defensive backs coach at Socorro High School from 1983-1994.

Jordan graduated from New Mexico Highlands University with a bachelor?s of arts in education in 1981.

He also played defensive back for the school?s football team.

In 1997, he completed his masters in education and mid-management from Stephen F. Austin State University.

While Jordan does have 25 years experience in coaching football, he said he considers his top job at La Marque that of athletic director. He said he hopes to turn all of the Cougar programs into winners like the football team.

?We have to work together ? myself along with the head coach of each sport,? Jordan said. ?We need to find a way to get more kids out. But first and foremost, my responsibility is to have students athletes in all sports across the board.?

Jordan also said that every football player will be required to participate in track in the spring.

?Speed kills,? Jordan said with a smile.

After Jones departed from the Cougars after one disappointing season, La Marque Superintendent Ecomet Burley was searching for a little stability from the position. According to Jordan, he doesn?t plan on leaving his new school anytime soon.

?I plan on retiring here,? Jordan said. ?I?m a Cougar now and it?s great to be somewhere with so much tradition.?

+++

Darrell Jordan

Dallas Kimball athletic director/head football coach, 2001-07

? 52-29 record

? Seven straight playoff appearances

? Six-time undefeated district champions (2001-06)

? Six-time district coach of the year (2001-06)

Assistant coach for 18 years

? Lufkin (1994-2001)

? El Paso Socorro (1983-94)

Back