KHUJO from Goodie Mob injured

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
courtesy of MTV

There are more important things in this world going on than trick azz tools lying about their baby's daddy.

Goodie Mob member Khujo was in a car accident on Monday night and remains hospitalized in Atlanta, according to sources close to his camp. He had his right leg amputated below the knee due to the injuries he sustained.

The Goodie Mob's record company, Arista, has not yet commented or issued a statement to the press, and the full extent of Khujo's condition has not been released. On Tuesday night at the BET Awards in Los Angeles, Big Boi of Outkast told the world of his friend's accident and wished his fellow Dungeon Family member well.

"I just got off the phone with Dre. He's in Atlanta comforting Khujo right now," Big Boi said of his partner's absence at a backstage press forum. "He's in good spirits despite losing a leg."

The Mob's last album, World Party, came out in 1999. One of the foursome, Cee-Lo, released his debut solo LP, Cee-Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections, this spring. Khujo and the rest of the members were said to be working on solo projects as well.

FYI

Goodie Mob's Khujo hurt in crash

A week's Buzz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khujo, of the often socially conscious Atlanta rap foursome Goodie Mob, is in stable condition after crashing his car in southwest Atlanta on Tuesday. Doctors had to amputate part of his right leg from the shin down, fellow Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo told us Wednesday. But "Khujo is still in very good strong spirits," he added. According to Cee-Lo, the artist born Willie Knighton fell asleep behind the wheel, heading north on I-75 between 3 and 4 a.m. Khujo (right) -- as he is known, in part for his aggressive persona -- was coming from the southwest Atlanta studio known as the Dungeon. The last CD Khujo released was as part of the Dungeon Family ("Even in Darkness"), which includes the members of OutKast and Grammy-nominated production trio Organized Noize (TLC's "Waterfalls").

On Tuesday night, as he accepted OutKast's BET Award for best group, Antwan "Big Boi" Patton said from the podium that he hoped fans would keep Khujo in their prayers. (The other half of the duo, Andre "Dre" Benjamin, passed on the West Coast trip so he could stay at the hospital with Khujo.)

Cee-Lo added that there are plans in the works to raise money to help pay for a grafting procedure in Los Angeles to create a "foot" using portions of Khujo's other leg.

I think that they had a charity baseball game this past Sunday for Khujo. I remember seeing that on the news one day in the ATL. It was said that he was working really late at night on his album.
According to the other Goodie Mob members, that is nothing uncommon. They have all put in late nights working on albums. Some even said that they fell asleep at the wheel on their way home from those late night recording sessions.

Back