Kanye West

Suge

The Phat Mack
Man Kanye is off the hinges. I meant to post this yesterday as I was rocking the CD in the office. Its cool to listen to a rapper talking about some stuff I can realate to, and just being straight up honest about some things....Like why "we" buy some much jewlery and clothes, religion and Jesus, etc.

Common and Twalib rip the cut they are on
Mos Def cut is tight
Jay-Z dropped a verse for the ages.(the arch bishop of rap tight!)
Jesus Walks - Fiyah

Fav verses so far (Track 15)

That's how dude became the young pootey tang
Tippy Tawww
Rocafella chain, yeah that's my rapper style
Rosery beads, yeah that's my Catholic style
Red and white ones, yeah that's my Kappa Style
And I ain't even pledge
Crack my head on the stearing wheel and I ain't even dead..

Drug dealers buy Jordans
Crack head buy crack
And the white man get rich off all of that....

I'm killin yall n_ggas on that lyrical isht
Mayonaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips!

Jaz Z (Track 8 I think)

When I start spittin them lyrics, N_ get very religious
6 hail marys please father forgive us
The arch bishop, the pope john paul to yall n_ggas
The way yall all follow Jigga...
Hov's a livin legend and I tell you why
Everybody wanna be hov and hov still alive

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Thank you for the info. I am planning on buying his cd. I first heard "Slow Jam" Thanksgiving when I went home. Heard every hour on three different radio stations. This is the kind of artist that needs our support. If not, no one should complain about the garbage that the music industry "IS" imposing on us.

He said in "Through the Wire" that his CD is going to be more like spoken word, not like what most rappers talk about:

From "Through the Wire"
What if somebody from the Chi
that was ill got a deal
on the hottest rap label around
but he wasn't talking bout coke and birds
it was more like spoken word
Except he really putting it down

ummm I've got a question for some of the younger people

can someone explain what he means by

"got a light skinned friend look like Michael Jackson
got a dark skinned friend look like Michael Jackson"

MH,

:shame:

those who have listened, is there a lot of profanity on the CD? I usually get edited versions but if I'm missing something I just may get the PA.

Kanye West CD is hot..... but damn he has a "old school" sample on EVERY track.... he has officially taken Puff Daddy's title as #1 thief.... I just would like to see what he can produce on his own. Its easy to sit in the studio and get a "Grown Folks" cd and sample a track.

Originally posted by Bengal E
MH,

:shame:

those who have listened, is there a lot of profanity on the CD? I usually get edited versions but if I'm missing something I just may get the PA.

yeah it has profanity... its like some songs you would think he was a perfect person... then other songs he flips cussin every other word.

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Couldn't even say....I'm tryna figure out myself..:lol:

Originally posted by DAHILL
Kanye West CD is hot..... but damn he has a "old school" sample on EVERY track.... he has officially taken Puff Daddy's title as #1 thief.... I just would like to see what he can produce on his own. Its easy to sit in the studio and get a "Grown Folks" cd and sample a track.

I don't understand why people complain about this. Hip hop was created as an art form that samples other music and changes it around and raps over it...it has been that way since the 70's.

It means...she has 2 UGLY friends...that look like female Michael Jacksons. You know MJ has been dark and light.

Originally posted by jag4life
I don't understand why people complain about this. Hip hop was created as an art form that samples other music and changes it around and raps over it...it has been that way since the 70's.

That's right. What is happening now is that some producers are going back to sampling in terms of hooks besides just sampling the beats themselves. A lot of producers started to abandon sampling hooks in favor of having a two-bit singer on the track or something like that, but now it is going back to using old-school samples, hip-hop samples, etc.

I have no problem with sampling... But he uses the hooks and everything from the song.... Example #5 overnight celebrity (Lenny Williams Cause I love You)... its ok to do with about 2 or 3 songs... but his whole entire album is nothing but samples and hooks. That shows ZERO creativity. I have been in the studio with rap groups, r&b groups plenty of times.. I have seen what it takes to produce a track.... it aint easy... but if he was a talented PRODUCER he can come up with some tight ass tracks. A lot of rappers sample music... but they dont throw the hooks in with them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Don't feel bad MH. I had to ask the same question and I was told, when you see the video you'll understand what he is talking about.

I finally saw the video last week and J4L is correct.

LOL@GR

shut the L up loser. You prolly aint even heard the song yourself.

<font size=1>I aint never seen anybody spread their hate all over on small talk</font>

I've had the cd for about a month. I wasnt really impressed by it to tell you the truth. The nicest 2 tracks on there are the ones that have been getting all the radio hype, Through the wire and Slow Jam....the rest of it is just mediocre to me.

Originally posted by DAHILL
I have no problem with sampling... But he uses the hooks and everything from the song.... Example #5 overnight celebrity (Lenny Williams Cause I love You)... its ok to do with about 2 or 3 songs... but his whole entire album is nothing but samples and hooks. That shows ZERO creativity. I have been in the studio with rap groups, r&b groups plenty of times.. I have seen what it takes to produce a track.... it aint easy... but if he was a talented PRODUCER he can come up with some tight ass tracks. A lot of rappers sample music... but they dont throw the hooks in with them.

But dude...he is not using the beats in most of the songs...he is JUST using the vocals...that's different in itself....

Oh yeah...Overnight Celebrity is not on the cd...you must have the bootleg.

This CD sucks big time if you ask me. Major disapointment! :tdown:

That new Twista is fire though! :tup:
:nod:

But dude...he is not using the beats in most of the songs...he is JUST using the vocals...that's different in itself....

Oh yeah...Overnight Celebrity is not on the cd...you must have the bootleg.

Im sorry.... Overnight Celebrity is on Twistas CD.......... it is another song that he did with Kanye West.

This is for the people who don't like the cd:

"Man Joe, this cd smoove! These marks straight sleep on Kanye West. Joe, just because my man ain't talkin' about gettin' crunk, gang bangin' or puttin' in work don't mean its bogus. If you ain't from the crib or be on somethin' all the time, this ain't fo bustas like you."

If you have a true appreciation for music, it would be easy for you to distinguish between a sample and a voice hook. And hip-hop is based on samples and beats, so it should not be an issue anyway. Like "Get Low" and "Never Scared" (which uses a sample from "I Wanna Be With You" by Bootsy Collins) are classics for the ages.

Back