Just Arms. Help!!!!!!!

BIFF

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!
What's up peeps? Wifey and I had one of those heart to heart talks the other day about improving our bodies. We were very frank. I told her what I would like regarding her body.....and she did the same regarding mine.

No SKY-HIGH demands were made. Just wanted to know little things we could do to keep the other intrested. Im' glad we talked because lots of couples get hurt feelings, argue, and take stuff personal. Gotta be careful ya know?

OK....I want some ARMS DAMMIT!!!!!! I have great shoulders. ( Been told by many bodybuilders that they wish they had mine.) I have NEVER stayed commited to the arms but I am going to do so now.

Im a beginner. Gonna start fresh. Dont know what the big words mean. How can I get DYNAMITE ARMS?!? Im' not really concerned about ANYTHING right now but arms. What's the best excercise to START? Ive got some 30LB DUMBELLS. Is that to heavy to start? Or should I just go "OL SKOOL" AND DO PUSH UPS EVERY DAY? I dont even know where to start.

I'm no expert and I don't have huge arms eitherbut if you do curls and use your free weights then you are on the right track. Pushups wouldn't hurt either...

I wouldn't start with 30lbs unless you are able to lift them and get plenty of reps.

I'm no expert and I don't have huge arms eitherbut if you do curls and use your free weights then you are on the right track. Pushups wouldn't hurt either...

I wouldn't start with 30lbs unless you are able to lift them and get plenty of reps.

Start of with light weight alot of reps....

Push ups will help also

When do you start using heavier weights? Or rather, how do you know to start increasing weight?

If he working on his arms....he will need to do a mixture of bi's and tri's a week.

As for knowing when to increase...

Let say you start off doing 30 reps with 20 pounds......when you can rip off 30 with no problem...then it's time to add weight (5 to 20 pounds)

If he working on his arms....he will need to do a mixture of bi's and tri's a week.

As for knowing when to increase...

Let say you start off doing 30 reps with 20 pounds......when you can rip off 30 with no problem...then it's time to add weight (5 to 20 pounds)
Gotcha. How do you do tri's?

Thanks guys. I got a little disheartened af first when I got no replies. I then realized that this particular portion of the TSPN is newer and takes a little more time for responses.

i WILL START OUT WITH 20LBS....Do massive reps....and do push ups as suggested beginning on monday. Will keep checking this thread because lots of valuable info is given. Thanks again!

Gotcha. How do you do tri's?

• Close grip bench press
  • Kickbacks
  • Dips
  • Skull Crushers
  • Rope Pull down.

• Close grip bench press - Assuming a normal bench press grip is about shoulder width, take the hands on the bar to the middle of the bar, about 6 inches apart. (or whatever your wrists can handle) Lower the weight slowly and explode on the lift. Repeat 5 -10 times. Rest. (do 3-5 sets)
  • Kickbacks require a flat bench. Kneel on the knee of the side you are working. (right knee for the right tricep, left for left) With the weight in your hand, lean lean forward 45 degrees. Extend your arm backward until you feel your muscle contract. Do not lock your elbow. Squeeze on each rep. Release the weight slowly down. (5-10 reps, 3-5 sets per arm)
  • Dips require what some would call a tower of power, a gravitron, or just some paralell bars. With a hand on each bar, lower yourself to chest level, and push up. Be sure to keep your torso straight, and do not rock (or sway.. momentum kils the benefit of the exercise.
  • Skull crushers require a flat bench also. Take two dumbbells of low to moderate weight. (lower than you curl, especially if you are a beginner) Sit down with the weight on your lap and lie on the bench, bring the weight to chest level. While lying, push the weight over your head and with an overhand grip. Lower the weight toward your ear carefully. (if you do not, you will learn why they call this move the skull crusher... oops) Pause at the bottom and push back up. (5-10 reps 3-5 sets)
  • Rope Pull - Stand straight and grip the rope pulley apparatus overhanded. Adjust the height of the rope so you will have tension at mid chest level. The rule of thumb is to mark the mid portion of chest and make that your starting and ending point in the motion. Pull down on the rope steadily. Raise the rope steadily. (a variation involves holding the rope at the bottom of the motion for 5-10 seconds. . . strength training) (10-15 reps 3-5 sets)

Back