Julianne Malveaux named President of Bennett College

silentrage

Delta Girl
Full press release: http://www.bennett.edu/home/newpres.htm

Dr. Julianne Malveaux is Appointed Bennett College for Women?s 15th President

GREENSBORO, NC ? At a press conference today, the Bennett College for Women Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Dr. Julianne Malveaux as the 15th President of Bennett College. Recognized for her provocative, progressive and insightful observations, Malveaux, is an economist, author and commentator. Described by Dr. Cornel West as ?the most iconoclastic public intellectual in the country?, Dr. Malveaux?s contributions to the public dialogue on issues such as race, culture, gender, and their economic impacts, are helping to shape public opinion in 21st century America.

In an audience that included students, faculty, staff, alumnae and friends of the College, Yvonne Johnson, Chair of the Bennett College Board of Trustees said, ?we are delighted to have as our next president a woman who is talented and competent with the vision and creativity to move Bennett to the next level.?

Current President Dr. Johnnetta B. Cole said, ?Serving as the 14th president of Bennett College for Women has been one of the greatest honors of my life. I deeply respect the mission of this ever so special institution and I will always feel close to the Bennett College Family. It is with full confidence in Dr. Julianne Malveaux that I will ?pass the baton? to her to continue to lead Bennett College to the height of her possibilities.?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back