Judge SU's arrangement of "Skin"

Originally posted by fiddler02
is that 89?

Yeah that's them......You cat's ain't far from sounding like that....The lil small things you guys have to pick up out of that clip. Mr. J ain't going to give that to you, he don't know the small extras in there that bring that arrangement to it's fullest....

That's what we did....Everytime we got an old cut we would listen to old school do it, and we would copy the extra funk Jackson wouldn't touch up on.....

I would really like to hear you F-horns come out more on those licks.... It sound like you all play different notes on those 2 note shots that is answering the B-tones...Opposed to 89' playing the same note which is the second note 03' f-horns play...... And they attack it more....

That use to be our home work ya feel me.....We had to give old heads what they were use to listening to.....

But you guys are on it HARD this year.....

"Can You feel it" is on 99's...If you all F-horns come out a lil more, you all would have 99 beat on that one...

~1~

Originally posted by whocares98
Grambling has a better "Skin" then SU

OPINION!!!

The only thing Grambling has better than SU is a crab that pulls an olympic sized bass drum.

Originally posted by whocares98
Grambling has a better "Skin" then SU

Why is it, that when a thread is started about ONE BAND, somebody always runs in saying something about somebody else's band.......:rolleyes:

This thread is about the Jukes..... So talk about them....... Leave everybody else out of it.......

:mad:

Can't believe I'm 'defending' the Jukes....:confused: :D

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Why is it, that when a thread is started about ONE BAND, somebody always runs in saying something about somebody else's band.......:rolleyes:

This thread is about the Jukes..... So talk about them....... Leave everybody else out of it.......

:mad:

Can't believe I'm 'defending' the Jukes....:confused: :D

co-sign...:nod:

But remember, the thread ASKED for people to JUDGE the arrangement, so people can't be getting all uptight if it is not a good review....:)

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
co-sign...:nod:

But remember, the thread ASKED for people to JUDGE the arrangement, so people can't be getting all uptight if it is not a good review....:)

true...

what you think about it?

:)

Originally posted by SUtrp96
true...

what you think about it?

I'm at work so I am unable to listen to it. But if the 'Juke' was playing it, I'm sure it was 'off the chain'. :tup:

Personally, I enjoy listening to the Human Jukebox! :D

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
I'm at work so I am unable to listen to it. But if the 'Juke' was playing it, I'm sure it was 'off the chain'. :tup:

Personally, I enjoy listening to the Human Jukebox! :D

You DOOooooo....

Well Ima have to make you 12 volumes of SU CDs for your birfday

Don't get me wrong. I really like the S. Liked um since I first heard um but the version of skin that I'm listening to needs some work. Compared to 89' it seems as though some people are not playing or were very unsure about certain parts of the song. And there was also a bit of a issue with the tempo. It is still a little early in the season so I know the next time I hear it, it will be on point.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
You DOOooooo....

Well Ima have to make you 12 volumes of SU CDs for your birfday

ShyLadyTiger, :wavey:

When he does, please make me some copies because I'm feeling like the little boy Oliver asking "Please sir ,...may I have some more?" I quess I have to post myself break dancing to get some attention on the question I've already asked three times.

The arrangement:
I can't hear it on the computer in the office but, if it is the same arrangement they are playing now. I know I will like it. The main thing that I like is "something different". A different interpretation of the same song.

Originally posted by Legend35
ShyLadyTiger, :wavey:

When he does, please make me some copies because I'm feeling like the little boy Oliver asking "Please sir ,...may I have some more?" I quess I have to post myself break dancing to get some attention on the question I've already asked three times.

The arrangement:
I can't hear it on the computer in the office but, if it is the same arrangement they are playing now. I know I will like it. The main thing that I like is "something different". A different interpretation of the same song.

:wavey: Legend

Alright SUtrp96....you have a two people anxiously awaiting those 12 volumes of 'Sounds from the Box'

:p

Re: NOT GOOD

Originally posted by TSU_TIGERNUPE
DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE SU I'VE HEARD IN THE PAST.:confused:

I know, which is why I was like oh my:sick: when I heard it. But hey it happens to the best of us.

Back