Judas & The Black Messiah on HBO Max

Very good movie. From what I've read, there are a couple of different accounts on what happened to Fred Hampton. I still haven't seen American Skin. I heard some good things about this one too.

Very good movie. From what I've read, there are a couple of different accounts on what happened to Fred Hampton. I still haven't seen American Skin. I heard some good things about this one too.
Well, I didn't think they had strayed far away from the actual events at all which was what I appreciated the most about the movie. Maybe the events months and days leading up to it but no doubt it was an inside job set up by the FBI and William O'Neal was definitely the man they used to set Fred up. As for American Skin, the acting was good, yet it was hard to watch, especially the way it ended.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV-0FODvq_w
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKHV4Q9lEs

I wanna say a great deal of dialogue came from surveillance and testimony from surviving people. I think Jesse Plemons' character was a combination of agents in COINTELPRO

Well, I didn't think they had strayed far away from the actual events at all which was what I appreciated the most about the movie. Maybe the events months and days leading up to it but no doubt it was an inside job set up by the FBI and William O'Neal was definitely the man they used to set Fred up. As for American Skin, the acting was good, yet it was hard to watch, especially the way it ended.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV-0FODvq_w
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKHV4Q9lEs

I was only a youngin but remember seeing that shot-up place on the news....in black and white...

Ole boy did a good job of playing Fred Hampton. I was skeptical at first, but he pulled it off. Very true to the accounts given in the " Eyes on the Prize" series.

There was no doubt that Fred Hampton loved the people. We lost some great brothers and sisters in the 60s and 70's thanks to no good iggas and crackers.

Ole boy did a good job of playing Fred Hampton. I was skeptical at first, but he pulled it off. Very true to the accounts given in the " Eyes on the Prize" series.

There was no doubt that Fred Hampton loved the people. We lost some great brothers and sisters in the 60s and 70's thanks to no good iggas and crackers.

Someone of Facebook said their dad was with Fred and O'Neal at the time.

Said that was the best depiction of Panthers his dad ever saw, although there were differences between the movie and real life.

The meeting with the Crowns was supposed to be a meeting with Jeff Fort and the Black P Stones IRL.

Last edited:

Moral of the story: J Edgar Hoover was a singular force in destroying the Black community for decades while soft-shoeing for white supremacists.

La Cosa Nostra held him in check for a while because they more than likely threatened him with exposing his “curious” habits.

Those who know better have to be strong and continue to teach, but it is a heavy burden. Notice the difference between a 21 year old then and one today. If you study history you will notice every time we start moving towards uplifting the race the government always jumps in to obstruct.

You guys have to start asking the question why this happens mostly and primarily to black people! What is it about "US" that the U.S. wants to ensure our demise and continue to keep us downtrodden. I think I may know the answer but it is very unpopular because most people don't want to see the truth because it comes with RESPONSIBILITY!

You guys have to start asking the question why this happens mostly and primarily to black people! What is it about "US" that the U.S. wants to ensure our demise and continue to keep us downtrodden. I think I may know the answer but it is very unpopular because most people don't want to see the truth because it comes with RESPONSIBILITY!
"If you don't understand Racism/White supremacy, what it is and how it works , everything else you think you understand will only confuse you." --Neely Fuller, Jr.

Back