jsue/valley please explain!!!!

mighty hornet

The HMIC!!
jsue lames,
Save all the Hornet jokes for another thread, but what's up with this mess????

It was thuggery, not football

By Mike Knobler
Clarion-Ledger Sports Editor

ITTA BENA ? You knew things were different Saturday night even before Mississippi Valley State took the field against Jackson State.

You knew it right from the invocation, which sought God's blessings for "not only Valley but the other institution that is here."

Some words no respectable Delta Devil can bring himself to say, not even in prayer.

Saturday, for the first time in 22 years, Valley finally got that other institution here for a football game. It turned into a nasty feud, complete with a five-minute melee.

JSU got 66 points; Valley 36. The cheap shot tally looked a lot more even.

The refs walked off enough personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties to stretch from here to Jackson. The players went right on taunting each other.

The king of the cheap shots came on a second-quarter punt. JSU's LaDerrick Crossley looked skyward, waiting to catch a very high, very short kick. In flew Valley's Willie McGee, leveling Crossley long before the ball arrived.

"He told me it was intentional after he hit me. That's some dirty stuff there," said Crossley, who wobbled off the field with a swollen lip, a bruised left thigh and a head that's sure to be aching today.

McGee denied saying it was intentional.

"I was just trying to make a big play," McGee said. "It turned out to be a bad one. It wasn't really intentional. I was just trying to get the offense back the ball."

He's a senior, a two-year veteran of the punt return team. He ought to know better.

"It's unfortunate, but that's football," Valley coach LaTraia Jones said. "I hate that it happened."

No, it wasn't football. It was thuggery.

And so was what happened on the next punt.

The ball bounced short, and Valley return man Terrell Adams backed away. He was more than 10 yards downfield from the ball when JSU's Tim Ingram flattened him.

And so the fighting started, a few feet from the JSU bench.

JSU's Marion Mark and Valley's Kelvin Perry wrestled to the ground. JSU kicker Adeshina Olagabegi and Valley defensive back Tracey Gullage swung their helmets like clubs, and they weren't the only ones. JSU linebacker Dewayne Johnson kicked a fallen Delta Devil player. Coaches of both teams got caught in the middle. They weren't very successful in separating the combatants; neither were the referees or the police officers who rushed to help.

There were a lot more fighters than peacemakers.

"Was I involved? I think the whole team was," JSU defensive end Llvee Archie said.

I pieced together the above account from what I saw live and on videotape shot by WJTV-Channel 12.

Southwestern Athletic Conference James Frank will have to piece together his own account, from game films and referees' reports. Frank must determine the punishments, which ought to include suspensions for players of both teams.

Adams got a mild concussion, Jones said. Two players from each team were ejected.

Neither coach covered himself in glory. Neither took responsibility for his players losing control.

JSU's Robert Hughes blamed it all on McGee's cheap shot. Valley's Jones blamed it all on the intensity that comes from a football rivalry.

Jones said in the preseason that Valley was going to get down and dirty intensity-wise.

"I wasn't planning on getting that dirty," Jones said.

It's up to him and Hughes to ensure it doesn't happen again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before I go to class

Im gonna say this and say it one time only.....if yall come up to Normal with that mess yall gonna have some problems fa sho my mellaz! T H I Z AINT WHAT YA WANT..........

yall oughta be ashame of yall self beating up on yall country cuzins like that:(

Man shut yo ass up.....yall gone get the same treatment as Valley, maybe worse. I hope we dont pull Kent either so we can run the score up in the 70s on yalls weak ass.

And Mighty Hornet

Is that the best you can do? Your team hasnt won a game and all you can do is comb the CL for smack.

Its called heart, its called fight, its called pride. We came, we saw, we kicked ass. 0-9 is next, and then you wussies are going to take the same beating.

Yall aint ready for this jelly

7.jpg

And Trudraws,

Just what is Hicksville going to do when we take over....Elle Mae Clampit has moved to Californi, so who there has any fight in them. Hey, why dont you use that big guy, Courtney Brown. Let him throw his 155 pounds around. :snicker:

mh,

I guess not winning a game this year will do this to you huh? Try to find anything will you. What happened to you man, you use to be so beautiful?

Originally posted by mighty hornet
so sad,

just look at 'em
10.jpg

smh

Is that Coach "Jock Wash" Hughes in there swinging on that Valley player???? :xeye:

Dang...that's messed up! First y'all try to run up the score, THEN y'all got the head coach tryin' to squab.

*SMH*

I...I...I just don't know what to say.... :(

Originally posted by Ntelekt
Is that Coach "Jock Wash" Hughes in there swinging on that Valley player????

so sad, but I'm just glad J.W. didn't have his bleach with him. He probably could have done some real damage to those Valley boys.

Ntelekt,

That's Latrai Jones, Valley's coach, in the middle of that.

I for one ain't down with fighting, but at some point you have got to take a stand. Valley cheapshoted our punt return guy on two consecutive punts and JSU returned the favor. Then Valley's bench ruhsed all the way across the field to take an ass whipping.

Then we ran up the score. Hell, I wish we'd have kept Kent in the game. Valley deserved further embarrassment.

mighty hornet,

Got wins???

Get Ready,

You sholl is right.

Neither of the dayum head coaches were anywhere close to the fight. Most of the Asst. coaches were in there trying to break it up. I'm so tired of you smalltime bamas. LOL. It's really funny to me. The next two weeks are gonna be really sweet. LOL. You got a whole bunch of questions about JSU, trust me we'll answer them when we kick that arse. LOL. BAMA STATE WHY DON'T YOU FOCUS ON WINNING ONE DAYUM GAME. lol.

TRU

Im gonna say this and say it one time only.....if yall come up to Normal with that mess yall gonna have some problems fa sho my mellaz! T H I Z AINT WHAT YA WANT

GR

Man shut yo ass up.....yall gone get the same treatment as Valley, maybe worse. I hope we dont pull Kent either so we can run the score up in the 70s on yalls weak ass

Mighty Hornet

Is that the best you can do? Your team hasnt won a game and all you can do is comb the CL for smack.

Its called heart, its called fight, its called pride. We came, we saw, we kicked ass. 0-9 is next, and then you wussies are going to take the same beating

GR,

Stop it, stop it.

JSU 50 + :emlaugh:

I wonder what Mr. Matriculation would say about this sad, sad display by these two teams.

:( :( :(

And the fighting started, a few feet from the JSU bench.
jsue waited until valley came to their sideline and then rushed them.

the sadness continues!
:( :( :(

And now I hear that ESPN is running the tape of the fight.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ummph, ummph, ummmph

smh

Originally posted by mighty hornet
I wonder what Mr. Matriculation would say about this sad, sad display by these two teams.

I wonder what Mr. Matriculation would say about the sad display ASU has shown over its past two games.

MH

This is so funny. But at least you are here trying to smack. Ill bet you coulnt imagine that The Ho-nets would have only scored 3 Tds at this point in the season. We scored more in one quarter than you have all year.

Everybody give it to MH for finding something to say and hanging around. At least he didnt all of a sudden get a life or a girlfriend, or a new car.

Give it up for mh.....that my man.
:emlaugh:

Get Robert

The only thing yall will be taking over is your side of the stadium when we make yall clean up all those cracker boxes, potty meat cans, _ _ _ _ cans:D and whatever JSU people food yall try to sneak in at the game......so just sit there and shut up warn all the other Pissippians yall got "Litter Detail" after the game....

Ohhh and Dont worry Coach Hughes will be in Elmore washin clothes!

jemima.gif

<i>............ Heyyyyyyyyyyy I just love me some laundry detail! thank sweet jesus for TIDE</i>

Originally posted by Get Ready
We scored more in one quarter than you have all year.
Yeah, the Valley game usually get yall going, right?
:emlaugh:

btw, the jsue 1st team defense is just what the HORNET offense needs to get going!!!

btw, stop the violence

The sad thing about all of this is that no one will be suspended until after the AAMU Game.

SCG, a player should have been suspended for fighting but it did not happened until the start of this season.

Where is the justice? In basketball they look at the film and suspended. Now Dr. Frank cannot take a stand, what's up with this. BR, got suspended, again what's up with this.

I hate it happened but why give JSU a break. Dr. FRank take care of business, but since nobody like our coach, it really doesn't matter, by allowing these guys to play.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

AAMU stop crying.
LOL

You just hope one of our players gets suspended huh?
LOL

You chumps. Stop crying. We don't wanna here it. You know you can't beat us, with the team we got, so you wanna suspend some of them huh?

LOL

understandable, i guess.

LOL

Begging?

MD,

Sounds like your begging man. And I know this is not from the man who just guaranteed an AAMU victory. Even though your coach wouldn't. I guess he has had enough toe flavored jam after the 12-0 prediction.

HEY EVERYBODY YOU CAN GET RUBBER BOOTS AT E-BAY.COM FOR $19.95 A PAIR. If you oder now you can get them before October 6, 2001.

Everbody on the swacpage is going to need them on October 7, 2001, triyng to wade through all the tiger crap that going to be spreaded around. Kennedy has two weeks to get ready for them ragedy arse smokin wenabego drivin tiger.

Hey mafia remember this quote; You're going to se it alot from here on out."Excuses are monuments to nothing; that build bridges that lead to nowhere. And those who use them are incompetent and master of nothing."

Back