JSU leader in Attendance

Clarksdale_Wildcat

I was just scrolling the Clarion Ledger's web and it states that JSU is the Swac leader in Basketball attendance for this year. I see that finally winning makes a huge difference.
Source: www.clarionledger.com

Attendance figures
JSU leads the SWAC in home attendance. The Tigers are averaging 2,872 per game at the Athletics and Assembly Center. UAPB is last in the league at 889.

Mighty Dog,

Does your gym hold 2,872 people?? Not smackin....just askin'. I am sure that you all did not use all of your lawsuit money up without spending a dime on basketball since you ARE a bball school.

TP, without even knowing or looking at our attendance I can tell you this; we are not far behind you. And this is a down year anyway. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mighty Dog,

Does your gym hold 2,872 people?? Not smackin....just askin'. I am sure that you all did not use all of your lawsuit money up without spending a dime on basketball since you ARE a bball school.

During our D2 days we put over 5,000 in Elmore. In fact, we were allowed to hold the NCAA Regional Tournament back to back because we made them a lot of money.

The new Government is trying to stop paying on the lawsuit. The Alumni Association is still spending big dollars on this case. We lost a few battles because some folks got involved without having the knowledge of what the lawsuit was about. As you know the JSU Settlement was the test case for Alabama.

how accurate are those numbers? because a lot of times the SID's are guesstimating....is someone at JSU really counting the number of students getting in?

Originally posted by Mr. SWAC
TP, without even knowing or looking at our attendance I can tell you this; we are not far behind you. And this is a down year anyway. :rolleyes:

But you are the SWAC's basketball school. You should be first in everything.

Originally posted by MightyDog
During our D2 days we put over 5,000 in Elmore. In fact, we were allowed to hold the NCAA Regional Tournament back to back because we made them a lot of money.

The new Government is trying to stop paying on the lawsuit. The Alumni Association is still spending big dollars on this case. We lost a few battles because some folks got involved without having the knowledge of what the lawsuit was about. As you know the JSU Settlement was the test case for Alabama.

Mighty Dog, your school had been getting lawsuit money long before an settlement was even suggested for the Ayers case. Also, Ayers is still pending.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mighty Dog, your school had been getting lawsuit money long before an settlement was even suggested for the Ayers case. Also, Ayers is still pending.

The Federal Judge left the door opened for a future take over. Therefore the new Republican Governor Riley is trying to take advantage of the situation, but we are mounting our forces to take him to court.

Riley also recommended cutting $522,682 of the university's allocation from the Knight v. Alabama desegregation lawsuit, of which A&M is a part along with Alabama State University in Montgomery.

The state makes a separate $16.22 million appropriation for that suit, some of which is earmarked for specific purposes. At A&M, dollars earmarked for the school's electrical and mechanical engineering programs were zeroed out, a loss of $731,903 and $370,333, respectively.

"We strongly object to being singled out as the only university that has an overall reduction in the governor's budget," said trustee George Ponder III.

Overall increases at other universities range from about 1.6 to 2.2 percent, though the schools do face some cuts. For instance, Riley recommended completely dropping state support for ASU's National Center for Civil Rights and African American Culture, a loss of $46,902.

Back