JSU football signee Leroy Hawkins killed in Dallas

JaguarNation99

That's Dr. JN99 to you...
Just a tragic story for a young man about to embark on his college journey.

17-Year-Old Football Star’s Death Marks 3rd Dallas Homicide In June

Leroy Hawkins, 17, is the latest victim of violence on the streets of Dallas.

He was shot just after midnight in a parking lot near North Akard and Federal streets.

Police said the recent DeSoto High School graduate was shot while he was sitting in the front passenger seat of a red Pontiac. He was found with multiple gunshot wounds still sitting in the car.

Dallas Fire-Rescue transported Hawkins to Baylor Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This sickens me so much. This young man was sitting in the car not bothering anyone...had a college scholarship. As black men this violence is hurting us so terribly. We have to watch out for cops and even other blacks.

Prayers up to the family.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is only the beginning ...

They always show out over the summer with the murders .... expect more black college athletes to be killed by guns and zero white ones.

So many reasons for this but a lot of it is we are our worst enemies and these murders are definitely avoidable.

This is only the beginning ...

They always show out over the summer with the murders .... expect more black college athletes to be killed by guns and zero white ones.

So many reasons for this but a lot of it is we are our worst enemies and these murders are definitely avoidable.

I truly believe that university dorms should stay open year around because of mess like this. Understandably this young man was a freshman but I have spoken with a number of athletes who hate going home because of the violence.

It’s sad.

Back