JSU Facility Upgrades

Will learn........ Meaning you don't know nothing right now...... Just like I stated.

Ummmm ... the public doesn't know anything at the moment ...

Like I said, this isn't some black ops B613 type stuff. The information will come out eventually. Better us than the Clarion Ledger.

All we can do at the moment is compare builds of the practice field to that of South Alabama and UAB (which price is way higher because of the project including football operations).

Ummmm ... the public doesn't know anything at the moment ...

Like I said, this isn't some black ops B613 type stuff. The information will come out eventually. Better us than the Clarion Ledger.

All we can do at the moment is compare builds of the practice field to that of South Alabama and UAB (which price is way higher because of the project including football operations).
Y’all dnt have anything better to talk about. I can tell it’s an HBCU football drought when yall going back and forth about the comparison and price of JSU and UAB facility. Lol

Y’all dnt have anything better to talk about. I can tell it’s an HBCU football drought when yall going back and forth about the comparison and price of JSU and UAB facility. Lol
Why y'all so bitter at this moment? Finally get some buzz for some positive stuff and some of y'all are acting like your *bleep* don't stink.

None of us are wishing this blows up in Jackson's face and y'all still suck. A good bit of us are rooting for y'all.

Now ... if this were the Clarion Ledger doing the comparisons and what not, some of y'all would be crying in your beer about the CL and all that.

At least in here, there's a sympathetic audience.

Gentlemen, it will cost what it will cost. One thing is we will not be selling fish plates to pay for it. We are in a very good place when it comes to financing these endeavors! I salute the various organizations at JSU that has made this possible. This has not always been true but today it is!

Actually a bunch of people do wish this.

Those people are effin' idiots. Rivalry aside (y'all my 2nd favorite school for family reasons LOL), we should be encouraging ALL members to make moves, right? Rising tide and all.

IMO, the people that want y'all to fail the most now happen to have closer ties to Oxford and Stark Vegas than, let's say Scotlandville. The moves y'all trying to make are shaking the proverbial table, and some folks don't want the natural order upset.

Those people are effin' idiots. Rivalry aside (y'all my 2nd favorite school for family reasons LOL), we should be encouraging ALL members to make moves, right? Rising tide and all.

IMO, the people that want y'all to fail the most now happen to have closer ties to Oxford and Stark Vegas than, let's say Scotlandville. The moves y'all trying to make are shaking the proverbial table, and some folks don't want the natural order upset.

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. I remember last week y'all raised i think around 5 mill.

Gentlemen, it will cost what it will cost. One thing is we will not be selling fish plates to pay for it. We are in a very good place when it comes to financing these endeavors! I salute the various organizations at JSU that has made this possible. This has not always been true but today it is!

That's great news! I hope the visibility bump translates into more student applications and increased enrollment. Get'em!

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. I remember last week y'all raised i think around 5 mill.

Yeah man! Lots of us on here contributed to that $5 million. We gotta take care of our own. If we don't GAF about our schools, then who will? We can't be outchea looking for outside validation if we don't love ourselves and show ourselves love first, right?

Yeah man! Lots of us on here contributed to that $5 million. We gotta take care of our own. If we don't GAF about our schools, then who will? We can't be outchea looking for outside validation if we don't love ourselves and show ourselves love first, right?

Absolutely 💯

Preach! As I said on an earlier thread,

"A rising tide lifts all boats!"

Time for "US" to utilize this momentum and visibility across the board and use it for our advantage to change the landscape of HBCU athletics. This is our time!

Preach! As I said on an earlier thread,

"A rising tide lifts all boats!"

Time for "US" to utilize this momentum and visibility across the board and use it for our advantage to change the landscape of HBCU athletics. This is our time!

Remember, athletics is the front porch to your university. We increase the visibility and profile of our athletics programs ... we increase the visibility and profile (and perception) of our schools. That's another step in how we increase our enrollment at our schools.

Please stop saying this... UAB paid 23 million.... Jackson aint paying nowhere near 23 million .... they aint gone be the same.
Not to mention, turfed playing surfaces are not new to SWAC! An indoor football practice facility has been in the talks for years at SU as well as turfng the baseball and softball fields. Stay tuned!

Why y'all so bitter at this moment? Finally get some buzz for some positive stuff and some of y'all are acting like your *bleep* don't stink.

None of us are wishing this blows up in Jackson's face and y'all still suck. A good bit of us are rooting for y'all.

Now ... if this were the Clarion Ledger doing the comparisons and what not, some of y'all would be crying in your beer about the CL and all that.

At least in here, there's a sympathetic audience.
I’m not really in this conversation lol but I will say whether jsu has buzz or not they are definitely a school that’s going to strut there stuff same goes for SU. So I dnt know if they are acting like there s*** doesn’t smell. Lol

How is this project going?

Went to the link above and got this.

View attachment 12238

Great. Mostly all completed or almost completed (except the pavilion/track). That project got pushed back a few months but should be completed before fall camp (last update I received). They are trying to figure out where to put the new track as coach asked that they be separated from the pavilion.

Great. Mostly all completed or almost completed (except the pavilion/track). That project got pushed back a few months but should be completed before fall camp (last update I received). They are trying to figure out where to put the new track as coach asked that they be separated from the pavilion.
I really kinda like that recommendation.

Last edited:
Back