JSU coach says he won't budge

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by bornthrilla
This won't work either. JSU already commited 3 years to this dude at $85k a pop. You know as well as I do that the school does not have that kind of money laying around to buy out anyone's contract. Plus, Bell was already on record for saying that he didn't have enough money to hire better outside assistants. That is gonna be his excuse. He is just gonna say that he did the best he could with the little chump change JSU threw at him.

I know that Bell is a bigger con man than L.C. Cole. The only difference is that Cole do have coaching abilities. Bell can reassigned to another capacity within the university. We do not need to give Bell any free money. Hopefully after he is reassigned, he will leave altogether because his big ego will get in the way. Culberson needs to be ran off JSU campus also.

Bell needs to watch his comments

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
I wouldn't say it's the same talent. We lost 100+ tackles in Elgin Andrews and tons of rushing yds. in Counselor and Nolen. Robert Jacobs had good hands. Andrews was the heart of our defense and a vocal leader....no one on the team has stepped up to take that role. We lost a lot.

Now don't get me wrong b/c I believe Bell is pi$$ing away his coaching career with his on and off the field antics, but the talent is not there and would never be there if Hughes was still HC. The slow start was coming no matter who our coach would have been, but I thought Bell would be good enough to weather the storm, at least. I haven't lost all faith in him, but I have lost.

Good point frat. Also...

Fans don't want to hear" I won't budge" and you're not winning games. If you say that while you are on top of the mound its a different story. Fans want to hear this is how we will improve and implement what you say. I don't think he realize that he actually inherited a solid football program in J State(Kent, Manning, Gordon, etc.,)

Bottom line, I hope he does not end up like the Coach from Michigan State last year when they asked him if he was losing control of the team and he said "I don't know." Of course that following Monday after that comment following the lost to Michigan, he was relieved of his duties.

Re: Bell needs to watch his comments

Originally posted by SUGrad06
Good point frat. Also...

Fans don't want to hear" I won't budge" and you're not winning games. If you say that while you are on top of the mound its a different story. Fans want to hear this is how we will improve and implement what you say. I don't think he realize that he actually inherited a solid football program in J State(Kent, Manning, Gordon, etc.,)

Bottom line, I hope he does not end up like the Coach from Michigan State last year when they asked him if he was losing control of the team and he said "I don't know." Of course that following Monday after that comment following the lost to Michigan, he was relieved of his duties.

The program he inherited was a mixed bag. We were solid at the skill positions, but weak on the offensive and defensive lines. Those are fundamental weaknesses we have, and right now Bell isn't a good enough as a coach to mask our weaknesses. Maybe in the future, but not now.

Bell, is not a good coach presently and will not be a good coach in the future. We as JSU supporters just need to face facts that we have a stupid AD that hired his friend.

How about the Tuskegee Coach?

Bell should really be one and done - no smack intended. The worst thing you can do is keep investing in a bad stock hoping it turns around. JSU should cut its loses at the end of the season.

Did JSU have a great team coming into this year? Probably not. But it's clear that at 2-6 the team is going in the wrong direction. Frankly, the SWAC isn't the same if JSU isn't in the hunt.

Also, the talent in the divisions is so lopsided, the SWAC championship game should be rather boring.

LaMont

Back