JSU and BCC

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
Has anyone heard that JSU will play Bethune Cookman in the 2002 Circle City Classic. I was speaking with someone who read this in the classic program.... Is this true...

Word here is AAMU and NC A&T will be in the 2002 Circle City Classic. It was in the Hville Times wayy back in the summer and also has been the word going around A&T campus.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
also has been the word going around A&T campus.

Sez who?

Nobody in Blue Death Valley has heard anything about this game. We have BDF members who work in the MEAC office and the A&T sports information department and none of them have heard anything about that game being shceduled.

The AD from A&T Posted on MF.com and they said A&T playing in the Circle City in coming years wasnt a bad idea, but did not answer about A&T possibly playing there in 2002.

JSU isnt going to Indy unless the $$$ is right. I hear our AD is tired of these classic promorers getting over like fat rats.

Also rumor is that JSU will be playing A&T in cincy. I doubt JSU will go to Chicago, Memphis, Indy and Cincy next year.

question..

How much do you think JSU made from the Chicago Classic?

How much is the projected payout for the Peach State classic?

Our Payout from Chicago is $175K i think. But we have funds other than that 175 going to the Walter Payton foundation. i have no idea about Atlanta.

thrilla,

Keep in mind that the Chicago deal was signed before Culberson got to JSU. He doesn't like the deal. He wants more than what we are getting now. And to keep us, they gonna have to pay us more.

So, I'd be inclined to think that we are getting more in ATL than we are getting in Chicago. Unless Culberson has been blowing smoke.

There is a chance JSU will not play Howard next year.... and if they do it will not be in Soldier Field because the stadium is about to undergo a major facelift so as of now that game is in the air.

Thrilla,

My AD told me that the Peach State classic payout is 150K plus a percentage of the gate. We also get money from selected hotels who are supporting JSU.

I really don't want to go to Cincy. I hope they can work something out in Chicago at Northwestern or somewhere. I really don't want to play at a PWC stadium but if it is only for one year, I can deal with it. 50K fans with a decent payout and hopefully growing citywide support would be great for JSU.

Thrilla, I really think that your AD needs to consider playing NCCU at another time since rain has destroyed that classic anyway for SEVERAL years and bring ya'll arses to Chi-town. We need a team with some fans and though no one can compete with JSU support in Chicago, someone has to to be able to do better than Howard. The good thing about Howard, however, it their name recognition. That always helps out.

Oh and BCC don't want none of this. I do know that our AD's have been talking because hassan and I hooked that up in January. BCC was going to play us in Chicago but it was too late to shift their schedule around with other opponents.

TP, that's why I asked how much was the payout for the Chicago Classic.

We have one year remaining on our contract with NCCU and then we will probably give them the ultimative of coming to Aggie Stadium every year or find another opponent. That $200k is good but the rivalery had really begun to fade in recent years and the weather has not helped matters. Even since I was at A&T I always remember it raining EVERY time we played Central- be it football or basketball. I think God is trying to tell us something. Plus we can do better by pocketing the $37K we kick out to NCSU.

Our recent stadium upgrades have given us a lot of leverage in these matters. We now have the best OVERALL football facility in the Triad (greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem area) and we are supposed to be hosting the 2002 NC high school allstar game.

However as far as Cincy next year, Youngstown State is a name that keeps popping up around Blue Death Valley. I know they want to get a piece of the classic action bad and we want some major revenge for 1999.

I seriously doubt we will play AAMU next year. That sounds like just a swacpage rumor. Trust me: If they were really in negiotations like that I would have heard it by now. Like I said before, we have BDF members in the sports information department and MEAC office.

Right now, I'm trying to see if Bill Hayes wants to join. :)

Tigerpride said:
Oh and BCC don't want none of this. I do know that our AD's have been talking because hassan and I hooked that up in January. BCC was going to play us in Chicago but it was too late to shift their schedule around with other opponents.

*?What did you mean TP?

I know dayum well you don't expect me to answer a 4 year old question.

...and I thought Thrilla was back...LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was lost reading this thread for about 5 minutes, thinking "Why are these people asking about the 2002 Circle City Classic"?

Back