JSU 2013 Football Schedule

I went to the game.

Yep, that's the only road trip I took with the ya'll. It was me, you, GR and Battle Cat!

..and 83, the crowd was only 33k but JSU was probably 20K of that that. It didn't matter when we played them. That is the year they had Shannon Harris for QB and that was the year when Kelly couldn't stop anybody. If any team make it near the redzone, they scored on us.

Thats what I can't see people NOT SEEING in this. That is why I posted in a earlier post that FBS football is entirely different from FCS ball. People on this board is not looking at this from a OUTSIDE of the SWAC point of view.

If you schedule a 12th game against another FCS school outside the SWAC, chances are they will be in a bind since the playoffs start the 3rd weekend of November. Playoff eligible schools are not going to take a chance messing with that date and we all know the NCAA is not going to move the playoff starting time down into December especially since they will expanding the field to 20 teams in 2013.

I'll bet you won't see enough Playoff conference FCS teams playing a 12th game to even make a comment about it because of this very reason.

What you and 99 are saying makes absolutely zero sense. EVERY year, the playoffs are one week after the regular season ends. So what does our post season coming fast have to do with anything. TP is very confused. THIS is a 12 game season becasue there are 13 Saturdays beginning on Labor Day until the week before Thanksgiving. Playoffs bids wont go out this year until after the 4th week in November. This year, if we play 11 games, we will have two bye weeks. Nothing is wrong with that but if we are playing Tulane, we need to play two OOC games that at least hold some meaning. The same thing happens next year i believe but in 2015, we go back to 12 week football seasons with 11 games and one bye week.

What you and 99 are saying makes absolutely zero sense. EVERY year, the playoffs are one week after the regular season ends. So what does our post season coming fast have to do with anything. TP is very confused. THIS is a 12 game season becasue there are 13 Saturdays beginning on Labor Day until the week before Thanksgiving. Playoffs bids wont go out this year until after the 4th week in November. This year, if we play 11 games, we will have two bye weeks. Nothing is wrong with that but if we are playing Tulane, we need to play two OOC games that at least hold some meaning. The same thing happens next year i believe but in 2015, we go back to 12 week football seasons with 11 games and one bye week.
TP.............You always confused. :lol:
The bids will go out on the same weekend as usual. That would be the 3rd weekend of November. The SUNDAY after the JSU/Alcorn game. The only difference is that next weekend. That weekend will be reserved for the play in games that have been added for the 21-24 teams. The actual playoffs will start the week after that. There will be a total of 5 rounds instead of 4 before the Championship game.

20 Teams (24 Teams in 2013)
5 Rounds
4 Rd 1 Play-in Games
10 Conference Champions
10 at-large by Committee

Don't matter though.
Ain't nobody in the SWAC gonna play 12 games unless 2 of them are FBS BEATDOWN games. There is no need for SWAC teams to play 12 games. Mofos don't even come to the 11 games scheduled now. :lol:

Last edited:
The bids will go out on the same weekend as usual. That would be the 3rd weekend of November. The SUNDAY after the JSU/Alcorn game. The only difference is that next weekend. That weekend will be reserved for the play in games that have been added for the 21-24 teams. The actual playoffs will start the week after that. There will be a total of 5 rounds instead of 4 before the Championship game.

20 Teams (24 Teams in 2013)
5 Rounds
4 Rd 1 Play-in Games
10 Conference Champions
10 at-large by Committee

Don't matter though.
Ain't nobody in the SWAC gonna play 12 games unless 2 of them are FBS BEATDOWN games. There is no need for SWAC teams to play 12 games. Mofos don't even come to the 11 games scheduled now. :lol:

No actually the top 8 seed will have byes, and the other 16 will play in the 1st round. Playoffs will start the Nov 30th.

Re: JSU 2013 Football Scedule

My bad.

Meant to say the BIDS go out the 3rd weekend of November on that Sunday. The playoffs start the next Saturday after Thanksgiving Day. Those bids going out on the 3rd weekend will stop the majority of FCS teams from playing a 12th game unless they get permission to start the season a week before Labor day weekend which is the official start of the college football season.

That will not stop them. You can still play 12 games and be done in time for the playoffs. Especially the way the dates in 2013 is laid out. Now what they might do is schedule a D2 team as their 12th game because more than likely they will have to give up an open date depending on when their season starts. But with the playoffs starting the weekend after Thanksgiving which happens to give FCS teams until the November 23rd weekend to play 12 games, it is very possible.

Last edited:

Playoff selections are the 4th weekend of November this year.

That's what I was thinking since Thanksgiving falls on the 28th this year and the BC Saturday is the start of the playoffs.

Nobody is going to go to a regular season game at JSU after Alcorn.
Remember what happened when we had to reschedule the SHC Tennessee State game after 9-11. We played that game after Alcorn back in 2001. Even JSU players didn't want to go play that game and the JSU crowd was not there. People was thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping in Jackson.

We lost 64-33. :lol:

JSU can schedule a game a against a FBS school (on the road of course) after the Alcorn game and make some dough.

'cause ya'll keep me confused with misinformation. Everybody and their mama seem to understand 12 game/13 week seasons but some people from JSU. Everyone knew this season and next season, 1-AA teams can play 12 games except our AD. ...and then we have to go back to 11 game/12 week seasons.

'cause ya'll keep me confused with misinformation. Everybody and their mama seem to understand 12 game/13 week seasons but some people from JSU. Everyone knew this season and next season, 1-AA teams can play 12 games except our AD. ...and then we have to go back to 11 game/12 week seasons.

You and Robber need to go to Jsu and collar a few people for being so lazy and trifling. :lol: :emlaugh:

tentative 2013

Aug. 31 – TBA
Sept. 7 – vs. Alabama State
Sept. 14 – Tennessee State (Memphis)
Sept. 21 – vs. Texas Southern
Sept. 28 – at Southern University
Oct. 5 – vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Oct. 12 – at Miss. Valley State
Oct. 19 – vs. Grambling State
Oct. 26 – at Prairie View A&M
Nov. 2 – OFF
Nov. 9 – at Alabama A&M
Nov. 16 – vs. Alcorn State
Nov. 23 – OFF
Dec. 7 – SWAC championship

9 straight weeks before an off week? Man, who made this schedule?

gsu played jsu for homecoming 2005. And how is that bait? GSU has one bad season but do JSU remember scheduling gsu in 2011 for that big game and lost. Anything can happen in the swac look at jsu vs valley.

gsu played jsu for homecoming 2005. And how is that bait? GSU has one bad season but do JSU remember scheduling gsu in 2011 for that big game and lost. Anything can happen in the swac look at jsu vs valley.

What happened with Jsu/valley game did valley win I missed that????

Last edited:

it's final...

2013 Jackson State Football Schedule

Aug. 31 at Tulane “Green Wave”
Sept. 7 Alabama State “Hornets” (W.C. Gorden Classic)
Sept. 14 vs. Tennessee State "Tigers" (Southern Heritage Classic)
Sept 21 Texas Southern "Tigers"
Sept. 28 at Southern “Jaguars”
Oct. 5 Arkansas Pine Bluff "Golden Lions"
Oct. 12 at Mississippi Valley State “Delta Devils”
Oct. 19 Grambling State “Tigers” (Homecoming)
Oct. 26 at Prairie View A&M “Panthers”
Nov. 2 Idle
Nov. 9 at Alabama A&M "Bulldogs"
Nov. 16 Alcorn State "Braves"
Dec. 7 SWAC Championship Game

it's final...

2013 Jackson State Football Schedule

Aug. 31 at Tulane “Green Wave”
Sept. 7 Alabama State “Hornets” (W.C. Gorden Classic)
Sept. 14 vs. Tennessee State "Tigers" (Southern Heritage Classic)
Sept 21 Texas Southern "Tigers"
Sept. 28 at Southern “Jaguars”
Oct. 5 Arkansas Pine Bluff "Golden Lions"
Oct. 12 at Mississippi Valley State “Delta Devils”
Oct. 19 Grambling State “Tigers” (Homecoming)
Oct. 26 at Prairie View A&M “Panthers”
Nov. 2 Idle
Nov. 9 at Alabama A&M "Bulldogs"
Nov. 16 Alcorn State "Braves"
Dec. 7 SWAC Championship Game

I think the SWAC played JSU on this schedule, JSU isn't playing two consecutive games at home this year.

I think the SWAC played JSU on this schedule, JSU isn't playing two consecutive games at home this year.

I beg to differ. JSU has five straight home games cause we win at their place any way, so it may as well be a home game. From September 21 to October 19, JSU should go no less than 5-0.
To be even more frank, after September 21, JSU should go undefeated.

I beg to differ. JSU has five straight home games cause we win at their place any way, so it may as well be a home game. From September 21 to October 19, JSU should go no less than 5-0.
To be even more frank, after September 21, JSU should go undefeated.

You don't know how everything will play out dude. Injuries, players having academic issues. Wait until Fall Camp to see how everyone will be.

You don't know how everything will play out dude. Injuries, players having academic issues. Wait until Fall Camp to see how everyone will be.

Leave Jayrob be. Let him keep posting how mighty his team is going to be. Nothing wrong with it at all. LOL.

Back