JSU 2013 Football Schedule

Re: JSU 2013 Football Scedule

No, TP, you are wrong. JSU is the only school in the college football that can't find a bye week to make a 12 game schedule. :smh: Sucks for us.

All we do is bitch about how our ADs suck and then approve the bull they throw at us.

No, TP, you are wrong. JSU is the only school in the college football that can't find a bye week to make a 12 game schedule. :smh: Sucks for us.

All we do is bitch about how our ADs suck and then approve the bull they throw at us.

You're gonna get kicked out the Den man lol

I don't think 12 games is too many. We play for more than a conference championship. If we play 11 games, we play 20 OOC opponents. If we play 12, we get to play 30 out of conference opponents. I thought ya'll wanted us to stop playing "just ourselves". Make up your minds.

My mind been made up.

If the leaders running this conference had any sense, they would permanently drop that clown azz 9 game mandate to 7 and give everybody 4 OOC games to play in a 11 game season. AND if schools would get off their azz, stop waiting until 5 months before the season starts to start looking for games, and not clown this time about not being able to find games or byotch about "WE" don't play so-in-so no more, that would settle a lot of OOC scheduling screwups also.

Ya'll just make shat hard just to justify the dumb shat that is done in this conference. :lol:

You know why that is.. it's because this is not our tentative schedule. Someone just punched some stuff in on the JSU website and then some alumni added the Tulane game. JSU has NOT released a tentative schedule. We will be playing Alcorn on Nov 23 when a real tentative schedule is released.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Alcorn date is wrong, too. We never play them 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. So that means that we actually have 2 open dates.

I think JSU's Athletlic Director should have a sort of Town Hall meeting with alumni, fans and the community so they can voice their concerns. With pending litigation, I guess Vivian is too busy for meetings?

I think JSU's Athletlic Director should have a sort of Town Hall meeting with alumni, fans and the community so they can voice their concerns. With pending litigation, I guess Vivian is too busy for meetings?

She is not interested in meeting with Alumni...:smh: I know myself and others have reached out without any notifications from her..

Vivian has her mouth full at the moment. She is to busy cleaning the carpet right now to talk.

Cliff who is FAMU going to play in Atlanta now that the SWAC schedule kept SU from going again.

We have no idea. Maybe they convince a conference foe to move their home game. Just up in the air.

:lmao:
Hell will freeze over before she put herself in front of a JSU audience for a Q&A.
With her never wanting to talk to the public since she got here and with all the stuff going on in that lawsuit, that would be like diving into a pool of sharks with both legs cut off and bleeding. :lol:

I'm sure it can happen if we wish to do so.

Nobody is going to go to a regular season game at JSU after Alcorn.
Remember what happened when we had to reschedule the SHC Tennessee State game after 9-11. We played that game after Alcorn back in 2001. Even JSU players didn't want to go play that game and the JSU crowd was not there. People was thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping in Jackson.

We lost 64-33. :lol:

Remember what happened when we had to reschedule the SHC Tennessee State game after 9-11. We played that game after Alcorn back in 2001. Even JSU players didn't want to go play that game and the JSU crowd was not there. People was thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping in Jackson.

I went to the game.

This year would be a great time to play a Thanksgiving Day game with Alcorn...if I was AD I would play 12 and add an OOC FCS or a D2(Tuskegee) school on the Nov 16, and play Alcorn on either the 21st or 22nd especially now with the game going back to Jackson there is money to be made if that were too happen!

This year would be a great time to play a Thanksgiving Day game with Alcorn...if I was AD I would play 12 and add an OOC FCS or a D2(Tuskegee) school on the Nov 16, and play Alcorn on either the 21st or 22nd especially now with the game going back to Jackson there is money to be made if that were too happen!

Only if we're winning.

We'd have to rearrange our entire schedule to accommodate a 12 game. I don't see that happening now. There's a reason most FCS teams play an 11 game schedule. Our post season games come quicker than the FBS schools.

Only if we're winning.

We'd have to rearrange our entire schedule to accommodate a 12 game. I don't see that happening now. There's a reason most FCS teams play an 11 game schedule. Our post season games come quicker than the FBS schools.

Thats what I can't see people NOT SEEING in this. That is why I posted in a earlier post that FBS football is entirely different from FCS ball. People on this board is not looking at this from a OUTSIDE of the SWAC point of view.

If you schedule a 12th game against another FCS school outside the SWAC, chances are they will be in a bind since the playoffs start the 3rd weekend of November. Playoff eligible schools are not going to take a chance messing with that date and we all know the NCAA is not going to move the playoff starting time down into December especially since they will expanding the field to 20 teams in 2013.

I'll bet you won't see enough Playoff conference FCS teams playing a 12th game to even make a comment about it because of this very reason.

Last edited:

We have no idea. Maybe they convince a conference foe to move their home game. Just up in the air.

We tried to move our game with JSU. Our AD couldn't get other schools in the SWAC to make the move to accommodate. Which I can understand with our 9 game mandate. It makes it harder to do. I sure hate we are not playing FAMU. That game should never fall off either school's schedule.

I read that Nick Montana tranfered to Tulane and will make his debut for the Green Wave when they play JSU in week 1. The Sonic-Boom and Montana should sell a nice number of tickets in the Superdome. Nice game!

Thats what I can't see people NOT SEEING in this. That is why I posted in a earlier post that FBS football is entirely different from FCS ball. People on this board is not looking at this from a OUTSIDE of the SWAC point of view.

If you schedule a 12th game against another FCS school outside the SWAC, chances are they will be in a bind since the playoffs start the 3rd weekend of November. Playoff eligible schools are not going to take a chance messing with that date and we all know the NCAA is not going to move the playoff starting time down into December especially since they will expanding the field to 20 teams in 2013.

I'll bet you won't see enough Playoff conference FCS teams playing a 12th game to even make a comment about it because of this very reason.

They are expanding the playoff field to 24 teams in 2013. The playoffs cannot start of the 3rd weekend because that is the last weekend of the regular season. There are plenty of FCS schools playing 12 game seasons and most of that is spurred on by having more wins at the FCS level for those at large bids.

They are expanding the playoff field to 24 teams in 2013. The playoffs cannot start of the 3rd weekend because that is the last weekend of the regular season. There are plenty of FCS schools playing 12 game seasons and most of that is spurred on by having more wins at the FCS level for those at large bids.

My bad.

Meant to say the BIDS go out the 3rd weekend of November on that Sunday. The playoffs start the next Saturday after Thanksgiving Day. Those bids going out on the 3rd weekend will stop the majority of FCS teams from playing a 12th game unless they get permission to start the season a week before Labor day weekend which is the official start of the college football season.

Back