JSU 2013 Football Schedule

Re: JSU 2013 Football Scedule

SU opens with University of Houston and plays Northwestern also? Is SU still playing in the Atlanta Classic against FAMU?

I guess we open up with Houston and play Northwestern after that. More roads games though. *sigh*

Well our schedule will actually be posted online tomorrow according to our AD.

Sat, Oct 26

Prairie View A&M *

Prairie View, TX

This game is in Shreveport and will probably have a 4:00 start time

No. The SWAC schedule got us playing JSU on that day. Duer keeps moving all our games around except in conference Classic games like the LDC, SFC, MCC, and BC. He said on an interview that was what he wanted to do. SMH.

Our game against jsu was moved to accomodate the Shreveport Classic (even years SU, odd years JSU).

Also PV will be playing SFA & TSU as ooc games next season, I still want that 12th game. Maybe we can pull in HBU as homecoming bait and welcome them to football.

HBU starts fball play in 2014. And PV doesn't want it from them anyway. It'll be startup Lamar round II ass whooped. Their kids are getting stronger and hungrier(2012 initial class).

I think HBCU's are behind the College Revenue scene we still operate like mom and pop stores..

It's our leadership and fans who want things to stay the same without utilizing proper fiscal sense. I know administrators at GSU who were so out of tough that they were wondering why TCU was playing us. They thought TCU was a small college with a little football team. They argued me down until they went to the game.

It's our leadership and fans who want things to stay the same without utilizing proper fiscal sense. I know administrators at GSU who were so out of tough that they were wondering why TCU was playing us. They thought TCU was a small college with a little football team. They argued me down until they went to the game.

You Joking right............ :lmao:

But at what cost? 12 straight games without a rest is not the wise move...Risk/Reward?

What are you talking about?MISSISSIPPI STATE 2012 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 1, Jackson State (Starkville)

Sept. 8, Auburn (Starkville)

Sept. 15, at Troy (Troy, Ala.)

Sept. 22, South Alabama (Starkville)

Sept. 29, Open

Oct. 6, at Kentucky (Lexington)

Oct. 13, vs. Tennessee (Starkville)

Oct. 20, Middle Tennessee (Starkville)

Oct. 27, at Alabama (Tuscaloosa)

Nov. 3, vs. Texas A&M (Starkville)

Nov. 10, at LSU (Baton Rouge)

Nov. 17, vs. Arkansas (Starkville)

Nov. 24, at Ole Miss (Oxford)

That looks like a 12 game schedule to me with an open date mixed in. This ain't rocket science people. If you have an opportunity for revenue, play all the games that you can play.

And the Hornets play them the following week in Jackson after MS ST. Interesting schedule!

JC,

No that was last years schedule. Ya'll come to town after we play Tulane this year. MS State was last fall.

DGTM,

that MSU schedule had their last game on 11/24. I don't believe we have the option to play after the weekend before T'giving, since the playoffs begin that weekend. I believe the BC and TDC are exempt, but everyone can't play that week/weekend. If I'm wrong then I agree we as a conference should not be finishing before that weekend and everyone should play 12 games each year. But I don't think we can do that because we're FCS.

As for the schedule, I like it. True it's nothing great about it opponent wise, but I like the fact that it has an away-home balance to it. There isn't a stretch of home games back to back and then keeping the team on the road for a while. It is away home, away home all season. The two games that at back to back away have the open date in between them. So I appreciate the logical scheduling.

What are you talking about?MISSISSIPPI STATE 2012 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 1, Jackson State (Starkville)

Sept. 8, Auburn (Starkville)

Sept. 15, at Troy (Troy, Ala.)

Sept. 22, South Alabama (Starkville)

Sept. 29, Open

Oct. 6, at Kentucky (Lexington)

Oct. 13, vs. Tennessee (Starkville)

Oct. 20, Middle Tennessee (Starkville)

Oct. 27, at Alabama (Tuscaloosa)

Nov. 3, vs. Texas A&M (Starkville)

Nov. 10, at LSU (Baton Rouge)

Nov. 17, vs. Arkansas (Starkville)

Nov. 24, at Ole Miss (Oxford)

That looks like a 12 game schedule to me with an open date mixed in. This ain't rocket science people. If you have an opportunity for revenue, play all the games that you can play.

If JSU play 12 games then we won't have an OPEN date.
It would be 12 straight games no off week, no rest, no nothing.
MS state played 12 games but they also had an open week. Otherwise they would've played 13 STRAIGHT. and did they do that? Hell no.
(That's what Voice of Reason was trying to explain to you"

12 straight is risky. we have an open date mid-season. The way y'all talking, sounds like y'all prefer JSU add Georgia State in the middle of SWAC play. That's ludicrous.
Or should we schedule a "cupcake" game and invite Edward Waters to Jackson? Bullshit
Until we drop TN state as an annual game then y'all can used to our schedule being 90% the same.
It's TNSU and whoever else we play for Labor Day weekend.

Unless we move the Alcorn game.

11 games is enough for us.
People get off their butts and actually put more than 10,000 in the seats for home games each week, a 12th game is not needed for a conference that only plays for a conference championship.

All a 12th game will do for us is:
#1. Get more players broke up playing another FBS money game in the same year.
or
#2. Just be another FCS/HBCU home/away game that nobody show up for.

I thought I was pretty clear on the issue.... :) I guess not!!! Thanks for the clarity.
MS state played 12 games but they also had an open week. Otherwise they would've played 13 STRAIGHT. and did they do that? Hell no.

12 straight is risky. we have an open date mid-season. The way y'all talking, sounds like y'all prefer JSU add Georgia State in the middle of SWAC play. That's ludicrous.
Or should we schedule a "cupcake" game and invite Edward Waters to Jackson? Bullshit
Until we drop TN state as an annual game then y'all can used to our schedule being 90% the same.

And there it is. I'm fine with the 11 game schedule. There is no attractive opponent to schedule during our open slot for a home game. And traveling to someone for the sakes of having 12 games makes no sense, especially when you're already playing one FBS school.

JC,

No that was last years schedule. Ya'll come to town after we play Tulane this year. MS State was last fall.

DGTM,

that MSU schedule had their last game on 11/24. I don't believe we have the option to play after the weekend before T'giving, since the playoffs begin that weekend. I believe the BC and TDC are exempt, but everyone can't play that week/weekend. If I'm wrong then I agree we as a conference should not be finishing before that weekend and everyone should play 12 games each year. But I don't think we can do that because we're FCS.

As for the schedule, I like it. True it's nothing great about it opponent wise, but I like the fact that it has an away-home balance to it. There isn't a stretch of home games back to back and then keeping the team on the road for a while. It is away home, away home all season. The two games that at back to back away have the open date in between them. So I appreciate the logical scheduling.

Is that a new rule? We played a 12 game schedule in 2003.

Is that a new rule? We played a 12 game schedule in 2003.

Now that you posed that question, I went back and looked at the 2003 schedule. It appears that this 2013 schedule has us playing Alcorn a week earlier than usual. That's why the weeks seem off, and not many open dates. So our other open date is November 23rd. Thanksgiving is Nov 28th.

I don't know why they keep saying we won't get a bye week with a 12 game schedule. These people talk sports everyday and don't know what a 12 game season is. :confused:

Also, if SU and Grambling schedule 12 games, they will get two bye weeks.

11 games is enough for us.
People get off their butts and actually put more than 10,000 in the seats for home games each week, a 12th game is not needed for a conference that only plays for a conference championship.

All a 12th game will do for us is:
#1. Get more players broke up playing another FBS money game in the same year.
or
#2. Just be another FCS/HBCU home/away game that nobody show up for.

I don't think 12 games is too many. We play for more than a conference championship. If we play 11 games, we play 20 OOC opponents. If we play 12, we get to play 30 out of conference opponents. I thought ya'll wanted us to stop playing "just ourselves". Make up your minds.

Now that you posed that question, I went back and looked at the 2003 schedule. It appears that this 2013 schedule has us playing Alcorn a week earlier than usual. That's why the weeks seem off, and not many open dates. So our other open date is November 23rd. Thanksgiving is Nov 28th.

You know why that is.. it's because this is not our tentative schedule. Someone just punched some stuff in on the JSU website and then some alumni added the Tulane game. JSU has NOT released a tentative schedule. We will be playing Alcorn on Nov 23 when a real tentative schedule is released.

And there it is. I'm fine with the 11 game schedule. There is no attractive opponent to schedule during our open slot for a home game. And traveling to someone for the sakes of having 12 games makes no sense, especially when you're already playing one FBS school.

I think 2013 and 2014 are 12 games seasons so realistically, we can do a home-home with another 1-AA team.

Back