Jordan Peele's ‘Lovecraft Country’ Drama Series

@Blacknbengal I had a feeling Christina and William were one and the same. She was using that stuff "William" gave Ruby to infiltrate dem people in what looks like a move to consolidate power (since they won't let women in the order). She wants the power of them pages as well.Her daddy knew what she was doing.

When Tic called that number in the end ... who was that?

The chick in South Korea?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But she doesn't know its not at the house anymore. Tic's aunt has it in her office.

Aunjanue Ellis has been on fire as of late. Damn shame she got snubbed for playing Mattie Moss Clark.

She's about to piece all of this together, and I think she's gonna help Tic bring George back. I forgot that priestess put a protection spell on the house and that's why Christina/William can't get in there ... Also I think that was another reason she/he was getting at Ruby to see what she knows.

They are definitely not lacking in aids to help folks understand this show. I listened to the podcast after the show which was a nice come down. That hour was too short for me. I guess the way Netflix is set up, it has gotten me into to wanting to binge watch shows...

One more thing, sex so good you turn white.

:lmao:

What do you all think of last nights episode? The ending was great.

Pretty Creepy......With that young lady going through her issues dealing with the death of Emmett Till (bobo) and the adults so caught up until they couldn't make time for her was pretty sad. Then you had the spell pursuit going on and finally protection that I was glad to see (if I understood it correctly). The different storylines could very easily make the mind wander and have a personal interpretation that perhaps the writers were not trying to convey/imply. I'll probably watch this one more time. The Asian girl coming back after all of these years warning him of imminent death and conveying her idiosyncrasy of killing 100 men and letting high "yella" know about what happens in the process was funny as well. One has to admit, this series is waayyyyyy out there, gore with historical context sprinkled through and through. I was glad to see those cops get theirs though. And finally, you have the witchcraft of gender & race drifting thing that's going on.....LOL (glad big girl don't have low self-esteem).

Last edited:
Pretty Creepy......With that young lady going through her issues dealing with the death of Emmett Till (bobo) and the adults so caught up until they couldn't make time for her was pretty sad. Then you had the spell pursuit going on and finally protection that I was glad to see (if I understood it correctly). The different storylines could very easily make the mind wander and have a personal interpretation that perhaps the writers were not trying to convey/imply. I'll probably watch this one more time. The Asian girl coming back after all of these years warning him of imminent death and conveying her idiosyncrasy of killing 100 men and letting high "yella" know about what happens in the process was funny as well. One has to admit, this series is waayyyyyy out there, gore with historical context sprinkled through and through. I was glad to see those cops get theirs though. And finally, you have the witchcraft of gender & race drifting thing that's going on.....LOL (glad big girl don't have low self-esteem).
I was glad the cops were dealt with.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'll take Big girl for a ride of her life....

What you guys think about the last two episodes? If this is the end, I think it basically wrapped up everything. I didn't see it ending like that, but it's understandable.

What you guys think about the last two episodes? If this is the end, I think it basically wrapped up everything. I didn't see it ending like that, but it's understandable.

I think Atticus can come back, although the show probably won't be back quickly since Jonathan Majors is about to go do some Marvel stuff as Kang the Conqueror.

Remember, Atticus traveled to the future in that episode where Hippolyta was doing that Quantum Leap stuff. He came back with the book written by his son, and he said a woman with a metal arm gave him a copy of the book. Welp, the woman with the metal arm is Diana. I think she's the only person that knows for sure if Atticus will be back, since it looks like she'll be there helping raise her "cousin/nephew" and lived the events of the book that Atticus gets from her.

Plus, they know how to the do the resurrection spell and have the Book of Names. It's possible. Also, the time travel episode let everyone knows that the show is set in a multiverse.

Ok my wife and I will have to start watching this.
I've finished a couple of episodes. I can honestly say I'm into it now. The problem with me and movies is that I'm always trying to make sense of things. It does look like the writers are uniquely introducing to viewers different aspects of African Spirituality and other things that a Westernized person may be unfamiliar with. Anyhow, I like it so far. Definitely a change of pace from something I'd normally pick to watch. I'm on episode 5 now....

I've finished a couple of episodes. I can honestly say I'm into it now. The problem with me and movies is that I'm always trying to make sense of things. It does look like the writers are uniquely introducing to viewers different aspects of African Spirituality and other things that a Westernized person may be unfamiliar with. Anyhow, I like it so far. Definitely a change of pace from something I'd normally pick to watch. I'm on episode 5 now....
Wait, I spoke too soon....I wasn't ready for some of the ish I saw in Episode 5. LOL but SMH......

Just got through with Episode 6. My thoughts:

Some of you brothers been dealing with women that are nothing but pure hell to you. They been causing all kinds of chaos and mess in your life. They have nothing but pure intentions of destroying you and taking everything from you. The reason being is, they been hurt by things in their past. It ain't their fault. So I say to you this afternoon, call on that Atticus spirit that's in you and put the lovin on her just right...if you just love her good enough...the demon inside of her will not only submit, but she will look out for ya, she will have your back, she will be a blessing to you and not a curse. Fellas, love the hell out that woman. In yo life....Ya feel me?!

....don't pay me no attention. Just making some notes for myself. On to episode 7....

Last edited:
Back