Johnson steps on political land mine with Social Security, Medicare comments

Olde Hornet

Democrats should be all over this on EVERY outlet across the country, especially in the south, where you have a lot of retired people. Given the incompetence of the DNC, it will never happen.
::)

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), a stalwart Senate ally of former President Trump, is facing fresh uncertainty in his race for reelection after telling a podcast last week that Social Security and Medicare should be classified as discretionary spending, with Congress authorized to set their budgets every year.

Johnson had been cruising to reelection in a favorable political climate for Republicans, who expected to take control of the House and possibly the Senate as well.

But now Johnson is on the defensive as Democrats have political ammo to claim that he wants to cut the two popular entitlement programs, a strategy they used effectively against Republicans in the past.

Johnson has landed in hot water before for making provocative comments on conservative media, most notably when he said he didn’t feel threatened by protesters who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, because he believed “those were people who love this country” while adding that he would have been “concerned” if they were Black Lives Matter protesters instead.

Democrats should be all over this on EVERY outlet across the country, especially in the south, where you have a lot of retired people. Given the incompetence of the DNC, it will never happen.
Even if the Democrats did, what difference would it make?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Old people vote! They need to wrap this around the republican party, just like they wrap every far left idea from AOC or BS around the democrats.
Oh I totally agree. I TOTALLY AGREE! Maybe I am being a tad too pessimistic, but when I see that people will vote for Herschel Walker, who don't know his asshole from a hole in the ground, well.....

Basic psychology that demorcats don't get, if you repeat something often enough, people will believe you. Normally that associated with a lie (agent orange), but it can be with the truth as well.

They should be on the news everyday talking about:
1. republicans threating social security
2. republicans raising takes on Floridians
3. republicans blocking price caps on insulin
4. republicans want to defund the FBI
5. republicans believe agent orange is above the law

There are others, but these are the most recent that popped in my head. My point is that democrats are horrible at basic psychology and messaging. They have so many gifts, but they reject opening them. TYPICAL. Republicans successfully labeled democrats, buy empire refuses to strike back.

Democrats cant change the mind of the orange kool aid drinkers, but independents swing elections, some of them do listen to other messages.

murdoch media outlets goal is to make the base angry, even over stuff that is in the best interest of the consumers. Messaging needs to be develop to let those consumers of those outlets that they are being used.

Last edited:
Back