John Lee Hooker Jr.


bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
John Lee Hooker Jr. to perform downtown baton rouge at swamp mama's saturday nite for those of you who love real blue this will be a must see event.
 

Seeing Spots

Joyful Woman!
bluedog said:
John Lee Hooker Jr. to perform downtown baton rouge at swamp mama's saturday nite for those of you who love real blue this will be a must see event.
I would love to go and hear John Lee Hooker, Jr. at Swamp Mama's on Saturday night. :wavey:
 

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
Seeing Spots said:
I would love to go and hear John Lee Hooker, Jr. at Swamp Mama's on Saturday night. :wavey:
Well, did you get up off your arse and go see the man, or did you wait around for some sap to pay your way?
 

Seeing Spots

Joyful Woman!
Vinita said:
Well, did you get up off your arse and go see the man, or did you wait around for some sap to pay your way?
Girl I went! And it was a great concert. I bought a CD and John Lee Hooker, Jr. autographed it to me!!! His band is awesome, got a very young little white boy who could PLAY and John was off the hook. He was funny, engaging, and really got the crowd involved in his performance. He smiles, dances, and has a good time while performing! :tup:

They played Mustang Sally and you know I had to DANCE!

Swamp Mama's is a great place to go whenever you are in Baton Rouge!
 

ThrowForSix

See the Excitement
Seeing Spots said:
Girl I went! And it was a great concert. I bought a CD and John Lee Hooker, Jr. autographed it to me!!! His band is awesome, got a very young little white boy who could PLAY and John was off the hook. He was funny, engaging, and really got the crowd involved in his performance. He smiles, dances, and has a good time while performing! :tup:

They played Mustang Sally and you know I had to DANCE!

Swamp Mama's is a great place to go whenever you are in Baton Rouge!
awe sookie sookie NOW!
 

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Seeing Spots said:
Girl I went! And it was a great concert. I bought a CD and John Lee Hooker, Jr. autographed it to me!!! His band is awesome, got a very young little white boy who could PLAY and John was off the hook. He was funny, engaging, and really got the crowd involved in his performance. He smiles, dances, and has a good time while performing! :tup:

They played Mustang Sally and you know I had to DANCE!

Swamp Mama's is a great place to go whenever you are in Baton Rouge!
Where is Swamp Mama's? Never heard of this place, must be new. :confused:
 

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
cat daddy said:
Another spot downtown that is starting to attract a crowd is Red Stick Comedy. They operate in the Richoux's location on 3rd @ Florida St.

So, Baton Rouge is trying to get a lil' ole downtown night life, besides the casinos, huh?

Interesting...thanks for the info.
 

Seeing Spots

Joyful Woman!
cat daddy said:
Another spot downtown that is starting to attract a crowd is Red Stick Comedy. They operate in the Richoux's location on 3rd @ Florida St.
We went to Red Stick comedy a couple of weeks ago! There was one black guy and was he hilarious. It has a nice atmosphere and the drinks were delicious! :swink:

Also, check out Marrazil's, a Brazilian restaurant! It is on 3rd in the 200 block and is FABULOUS. It is beautifully decorated and we LOVED it. Cozy, plush sofas to get "close" on! :nod2: And they feature the Brazilian type of food service, platters of lamb, beef, pork, chicken and a extensive salad buffet, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, drinks, etc. for $34.00. They also have lunch for $10.00 all inclusive.

They are really pumping up downtown Baton Rouge, check it out!

Cat Daddy, JSTUS, MikeBigg, BgJag (living in NOLA in exile :D ), bluedog, Jagster, Carlos...calling all Red Stick folk, let's all go down to 3rd Street and party when Wander Woman comes to town, how 'bout it? :tup:

C-Diddy: you gotta tell Wander Woman the old Rexall drugstore on the corner, she's OLD Baton Rouge! :lol:
 

cat daddy

Active Member
Seeing Spots said:
C-Diddy: you gotta tell Wander Woman the old Rexall drugstore on the corner, she's OLD Baton Rouge! :lol:
:lol:

I started to let her know it was in the building with the Coke sign on top.
 
Top