John Lee Hooker dies at 80

MikeBigg

John Lee Hooker

Legendary Bluesman, John Lee Hooker died 06/21 at the age of 83 in his San Francisco home. Hooker, originally from Clarksdale, Mississippi was a patriach among blues guitarist.

His music was one of the things that helped bridge the "generational gap/rift" between me and my father. At a time when my father and I couldn't seem to agree on anything, we discovered that we both had a strong affinity for the music of John Lee. I still recall the time we stopped by "Miss Della's Cafe" after a roofing job when we dined on Buffalo Fish Ribs, drank some brews and listened to John Lee Hooker's classic hit, "Boom-Boom". While discussing the music, we became reacquainted not just as father and son, but also as friends.

I will always remember the fine music of Mr. Hooker and will be eternally grateful for his helping me move into a closer relationship with the greatest man I've ever known!

More bad news...

2001-06-21-john-lee-hooker-inside.jpg

:(Blues' great passes in his sleep:(

<h3>R I P</h3>
IM054560.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
My grandparents used to talk about him and his music all the time. R-I-P Mr. Hooker :bawling: and my granparents:bawling:

Back