John 9 - The Man Born Blind

dacontinent

Preacher
John 9:1-3 KJV
9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

I am looking for Bible students' perspective on the works of God that were manifest in this man.

Disclaimer: This message is only to those who believe in the one and only true God, the God who provided the Saviour (Jesus Christ).

There are unlimited insights that can be obtained from these passages, limited only by scripture and God's will/grace to reveal. As with all scriptures which speaks of temporal blessings, all points to the person and work of Christ (the salvation of His Elect).

Just as the man is physically blind in John 9:1-3, we are all Spiritually Blind to righteousness (sinners) because we are seeds of Adam. Any manifestations of sin in the form of physical defects are only symptoms of our greater problem (we are sinners and are at enmity with God). The chief glory of God toward man is the work of the Father in Christ redeeming man from Spiritual Blindness (sin), that we may once again (and forever) regain sight (a relationship with God) that was lost in Adam.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Romans 8:7-8. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

John 17:1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Just like the blind man in John 9:1-3, when we are truly saved (given spiritual sight) by Christ, there will be evidence in our life which cannot be hidden; and just like the blind man, we also can scream from the roof top:

John 9: 25b……. one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Good Day and God Bless

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back