Joe Biden's Running Mate

The Founder

I'm leaning toward Duckworth. I think that she can handle the pressure as well as kill Pence in a debate. Sen Kamala Harris would be an awesome Attorney General because we need someone who is going to be willing to open all doors and investigate Trump's presidency. Also with Biden being 77 I truly believe he will only serve one term and I think Duckworth would hold her own in a presidential election after serving as VP.

Your thoughts...

I agree with you that Sen. Harris would be an awesome AG if she is not Biden's VP. I am not yet sold on Duckworth as a VP. I too think Biden would serve only one term, and therefore would need a VP who would be ready on day one. Elizabeth Warren fits that description but she is 71 years old. I think Biden should choose as his running mate whomever he would be comfortable with.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I agree with you that Sen. Harris would be an awesome AG if she is not Biden's VP. I am not yet sold on Duckworth as a VP. I too think Biden would serve only one term, and therefore would need a VP who would be ready on day one. Elizabeth Warren fits that description but she is 71 years old. I think Biden should choose as his running mate whomever he would be comfortable with.

Ok...imagine this...Duckworth runs for President in 2024 and add Kamala Harris as her running mate.

But didn't some of yall say that Kamala Harris built her career (as a district attorney/prosecutor?) on putting young black males in prison? Or do I have her confused with someone else?

But didn't some of yall say that Kamala Harris built her career (as a district attorney/prosecutor?) on putting young black males in prison? Or do I have her confused with someone else?

They said that...I have always been a supporter of her. This election is about beating Trump and restructuring the country.

Many black folks can’t get that through their heads. They bring up every negative about any opposition to Trump as if they want him to win.

They said that...I have always been a supporter of her. This election is about beating Trump and restructuring the country.

Many black folks can’t get that through their heads. They bring up every negative about any opposition to Trump as if they want him to win.

I never heard that until I read it on this board. Like @SUJagFan , I am not really a big fan of hers, but if she can help defeat The Orange One, well....
But like I always say, if we are looking for a perfect politician, well, good luck with that.

If Elizabeth Warren is selected as VP, the republican governor of Mass. will get to choose a republican senator as her replacement. That would be bad because we need to control the senate to pass legislation and get judges approved.

Not as much as putting young black males in prison, but more like didn't do anything to change the process. There were a lot of things Black folks in high positions should have done in the 80's and 90's that they are trying to get done now, such as Colin Powell not banning Confederate paraphernalia on military bases and changing the name of bases named after Confederate individuals when he was over the Joint Chief of Staff. Now a person can be dishonorably discharged from the military with that type of offensive paraphernalia. I'm glad most of the military brass now see that Trump's racist and erratic behavior is a serious problem for this country's security and the one's who helped him at first should be investigated for treason. But like the old saying goes, "better late than never."

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is this, Biden won't be serving his entire term and they don't want a Black woman to be president. I know there are other Black women who are BP contenders, but right now who is the front runner for VP? Also the Biden camp knows if they choose a white woman, he will lose, so his hands are basically tied.

I am believing these stories that Biden's team doesn't trust Kamala.
I think the bottom line is this, Biden won't be serving his entire term and they don't want a Black woman to be president. I know there are other Black women who are BP contenders, but right now who is the front runner for VP? Also the Biden camp knows if they choose a white woman, he will lose, so his hands are basically tied.

Right now, the media believes it is Kamala because of some notes Biden slipped and allowed them to see. On the other hand, those notes appeared to be "talking points and reminders" on how to personally manage and handle the situation with her being VP. Having said that, perhaps we'll know tomorrow or Saturday? LOL

One late name that seems to be gathering attention is California Rep. Karen Bass who may be a better fit for Biden personality wise:

View: https://www.npr.org/2020/07/30/897066266/rep-karen-bass-is-on-the-short-list-to-be-joe-bidens-running-mate

Trump's campaign is already attacking her for praising scientology. I'm sorry, but karen bass would be a pretty uninspired choice. It's too late in the game to have to introduce a largely obscure choice; especially with the way covid has turned traditional campaigning upside down.Let's keep it real, no one left has the drawing power and fundraising muscle of Kamala Harris. Biden needs a fighter; not someone who's going to go along to get along.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
South Carolina U.S. Representative Jim Clyburn, whom some have labeled "A King Maker" has been recently quoted as saying it would be more important to have a Black Woman on the Supreme Court than in the White House as VP. (See that discussion starting around the 03:35 mark)

View: https://youtu.be/PtTUo0bOcMA?t=1

Why not both? As loyal as Black folks and Black women in particular have been to the party, there shouldn't even be a discussion of having to choose between a supreme court justice or vp

While I see you folks point we also gotta be realistic. We are only 13% of the population. We also stand to loose more than anyone in America with Trump for another four years. It's like trying to decide if you wanna be raised by a crack head or acholic momma. Let's be real. A supreme Court Justice is way more important. At this present moment we don't have a black on the supreme court. Clarence Thomas is worst than David Duke.

While I see you folks point we also gotta be realistic. We are only 13% of the population. We also stand to loose more than anyone in America with Trump for another four years. It's like trying to decide if you wanna be raised by a crack head or acholic momma. Let's be real. A supreme Court Justice is way more important. At this present moment we don't have a black on the supreme court. Clarence Thomas is worst than David Duke.

I agree with everything you're stating. I would add a slight caveat to it. Though we only represent about 13% of the population, since there is a two-party system and disproportionately democrats we represent nearly double that percentage in the democratic party. Since we represent a quarter of the Democratic electorate, when the Dems are in control we should yield 25% on appointments etc. Unfortunately, we haven't received our due from the party and that needs to change. At this point, I believe we are due a black VP & Supreme Court justice (Clarence Thomas is actually someone that a Republican president sent to Congress for approval and was never expected to represent our interests).

I agree with everything you're stating. I would add a slight caveat to it. Though we only represent about 13% of the population, since there is a two-party system and disproportionately democrats we represent nearly double that percentage in the democratic party. Since we represent a quarter of the Democratic electorate, when the Dems are in control we should yield 25% on appointments etc. Unfortunately, we haven't received our due from the party and that needs to change. At this point, I believe we are due a black VP & Supreme Court justice (Clarence Thomas is actually someone that a Republican president sent to Congress for approval and was never expected to represent our interests).
I've always wondered why is Clarence Thomas so mad at black people? Lol that dude is sick. Plus his wife makes racist statements all the time.

Back