Joe Biden's Running Mate

Supriya Batra and Saritha Rai
August 13, 2020, 11:56 PM CDT

(Bloomberg) -- When Democratic Party presidential nominee Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris to be his running mate, it sparked a frenzy on the other side of the globe to track down her connections to Chennai, the southern Indian city where her mother was born.
On Twitter and Facebook, a flurry of users chronicled every minute link including her grandparents’ home in the Besant Nagar neighborhood, from where her mother Shyamala Gopalan set off as a teenager to pursue a doctoral degree at the University of California Berkeley. Undated photos surfaced of Kamala and younger sibling Maya in saris, smilingly posing with their grandparents during a visit. Many saw Harris a step away from the White House, and the de facto Democratic Party front-runner in four or eight years.

I'm tied of people speaking for me and my other Black Brothers.
The comments on this video are frustrating as well.

Sadly, there are alot of Black people like this and that's part of the reason Russia knew they could exploit us the last time. Hopefully it's the ones who dont vote anyway. Kim Kardashian just "announced" that shes working to free C-Murder and there are a bunch of ignorant Black folks online saying dumb shit like "If trump frees c muder he has my vote". I guess that's all it takes for some

A lot of people are spouting off anything on youtube when it comes to black politics to make a buck, period. Some call it a business schtick or a gimmick to water down criticism of it, but the truth is it creates voter apathy with black that are already on the fence about whether or not to vote.

Last edited:
Sadly, there are alot of Black people like this and that's part of the reason Russia knew they could exploit us the last time. Hopefully it's the ones who dont vote anyway. Kim Kardashian just "announced" that shes working to free C-Murder and there are a bunch of ignorant Black folks online saying dumb shit like "If trump frees c muder he has my vote". I guess that's all it takes for some
Does the so-called prison reform bill, explicitly state, Black, African American, or minorities? If not then how does this benefit our community? Also I've never been to prison, never even seen an actual jail cell, other than what is portrayed in movies and TV shows. I know the majority of my Black male friends are the same. So for anyone to tout this prison reform bill as a positive for the Black community, is an insult. Not only that, when the pandemic started and old people were being let out of jail, why didn't the older non-violent drug offenders get let out? Wait, I forgot, they weren't wealthy and white.

Back