Jill Scott - Beautifully Human Words and Sounds Vol. 2

Killer Bees

Man, I can't wait for this to drop.

jill_scott_cdcover.jpg

http://www.dallasblack.com/jillscott/

It has been a hot minutes since I bought some "real" music.

She has shaped up pretty nicely. Her music is still good too. That in itself is an achievement to stay consistant over the years.

I guess some people like "Goodies" better. That Ciara is such a wonderful vocalist!!! LOL

I just copped the CD. I love it. So far, "Cross My Mind" is my fav joint on the CD. A brush of fresh air from the S.O.S. they play on the radio these days.

Jill has always been off glass. I love the whole neo soul sound personally. Between Jill, Maxwell, E.Badu, and India Arie I don't know who is the best. They all are some great artist. All of their work is a nice piece of art. Now Ciara (ATL yeah) she is cute as what to be only 18. But she can get it now. And she is alright, she just need to develop, but that will come with time.

I just saw at the Congress Theatre in Chi-town this past Friday. Whew! She was off the charts! :headphone

She performed at the National Brotherhood of Skiers 2001 summit, and I wasn't feelin' her live "remixes" at the time. Now, she's definitely grown as an artist! :bowdown:

She had that crowd in the palm of her hand... :jump:

xugrad92 said:
I just saw at the Congress Theatre in Chi-town this past Friday. Whew! She was off the charts! :headphone

She performed at the National Brotherhood of Skiers 2001 summit, and I wasn't feelin' her live "remixes" at the time. Now, she's definitely grown as an artist! :bowdown:

She had that crowd in the palm of her hand... :jump:

Thanks for rubbing it in. I got an e-mail on that and all I could say was "D@M!!!!. Thats what I get for not being in civilization.":angry:

Did you hear anything about the "Common and Roots", "Erykah Badu and Nina Sky", "Chaka Khan and Slum Village" or "Laureen Hill and Lyfe" performances?

Dag, N.T.? Where you at in the boonies?!? :)

One of my boyz went to the Lauren Hill concert the weekend before Jill Scott's. He came back to work that Monday saying "Yeah, I'm starting off my birthday week right!!!" He said she sang her old stuff, but remixed like Jill does.

The same guy went to Jill's concert I attended, but he got there four hours early to make sure he was in the SRO section at the front of the stage. He pulled a "Brady Bunch" move on us after the concert, saying "Jill and Floetry shook my hand....I'll never wash it, again!" :goof: :lol:

xugrad92 said:
Dag, N.T.? Where you at in the boonies?!? :)

I'm in borin' azz nashville. UGH!!!!!!! :redhot: I keep up with events at the crib through City-Alert e-mails, social step.com, and people I know. When I was there for Labor Day weekend, I saw Diane Reeves at the African Festival. When I saw that "Common" and "The Roots" were performing @ The House of Blues, a tear came to my eye. :bawling:

After listening to it more I am upset that she is not really singing. The only song where she gets "ugly" with it is Golden. But I am felling #4 The Fact Is.

Back