Jerry Jones

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Jerry is the only owner so far who's brave/bold enough to say what the other owners have all been discussing in private. The owners are similar to the plantations owners and the players (70% of NFL are black), are the field slaves (literally since they play of a football field). The owners are going to get their crops picked/play football not matter what may happen to them!

NFL.jpg

I use to be a huge Cowboy fan.

Anyway, they were had the appearance of being the most authoritarian organization in pro sports. Tom Landry's politics may have been to the right of Ronald Reagan. My father loved it when they got beaten. (Although I loved it when Gil Brandt gave credit to the HBCU players during this hall of fame speech.) It was to my huge surprise when he was happy when they defeated San Francisco in the 1992 NFC Championship game. It was probably that my father wanted to see a new champion.

Since the 1990s my feelings towards them are probably similar to what his was. Of course most pro sports teams are authoritarian-even those that gave out huge contracts.

I use to be a huge Cowboy fan.

Basically.

Pick that cotton.

Who cares if you die in the process?

"I can always go to the clearinghouse ala nfl auction to get me another at or greater than your level, boy."

It's so sad how the mentality of the oppressor hasn't changed in 300+ years yet the slow to change laws for assimilating us, our people, did.

I don't know if "used to be a Cowboys fan" is an accurate way to describe how I feel.

I was born in Washington DC. If I remember correctly, the first football game I attended - professional or otherwise - was a Washington Redskins game. The John Riggins era. The Hogs. I was maybe three years old. Already a die-hard Cowboys fan at that early age. In my young mind, the Cowboys always won. The lore, the pageantry, the mystique ... there was something about the Cowboys that made them "better" than every other team. They had a swagger about them before swagger was a thing. Even for a little boy in DC.

Then I had the misfortune of moving and growing up in Saints territory. Tolerating and feeling sorry for that miserable band of losers. My love for the Cowboys remained strong and resolute.

Now, I live in DFW. The Star is minutes from my house. I still have lots of good memories. Still love the game of football. Still would root for the Cowboys before any other team.

However, the NFL, the owners including Jerry Jones, and how they fit into this whole system of white supremacy in the US has put a damper on my enjoyment of the game. The unjustness, The cold, callous, calculated greed. The lack of care and consideration for the players and now the fans. The lack of concern for justice and moral correctness until it's financially beneficial. Then only making token gestures to pacify those wanting justice rather than making real change ... has crushed whatever love or goodwill that I had for the NFL.

I still love the game. Don't apologize for having my heroes. Or for talking much ish over the years. :D

The NFL ... and white supremacy in general ... no love.

Welcome to our "woke" and very exclusive club.

Black folks have always been a part of White folks economic chess piece, which is why they display an animalistic type behavior or inhumanity toward other people. Despicable is the best word I could use to describe their behavior.

Last edited:
I don't know if "used to be a Cowboys fan" is an accurate way to describe how I feel.

I was born in Washington DC. If I remember correctly, the first football game I attended - professional or otherwise - was a Washington Redskins game. The John Riggins era. The Hogs. I was maybe three years old. Already a die-hard Cowboys fan at that early age. In my young mind, the Cowboys always won. The lore, the pageantry, the mystique ... there was something about the Cowboys that made them "better" than every other team. They had a swagger about them before swagger was a thing. Even for a little boy in DC.

Then I had the misfortune of moving and growing up in Saints territory. Tolerating and feeling sorry for that miserable band of losers. My love for the Cowboys remained strong and resolute.

Now, I live in DFW. The Star is minutes from my house. I still have lots of good memories. Still love the game of football. Still would root for the Cowboys before any other team.

However, the NFL, the owners including Jerry Jones, and how they fit into this whole system of white supremacy in the US has put a damper on my enjoyment of the game. The unjustness, The cold, callous, calculated greed. The lack of care and consideration for the players and now the fans. The lack of concern for justice and moral correctness until it's financially beneficial. Then only making token gestures to pacify those wanting justice rather than making real change ... has crushed whatever love or goodwill that I had for the NFL.

I still love the game. Don't apologize for having my heroes. Or for talking much ish over the years. :D

The NFL ... and white supremacy in general ... no love.

I hate the Cowboys, mainly because of Jerruh. Now I love hanging out at the Star area(mainly for the scenic "views" :) )
but I hate to think some of my money is going to his ass. LOL

Jerry is the only owner so far who's brave/bold enough to say what the other owners have all been discussing in private. The owners are similar to the plantations owners and the players (70% of NFL are black), are the field slaves (literally since they play of a football field). The owners are going to get their crops picked/play football not matter what may happen to them!

View attachment 10362

Happen to who? Not Jerry- Any player gets sick there is a LINE behind them willing to play.

We are only entertainment for them. Always been.

A09b.gif

I hadn't even paid attention to this (since I don't watch the NFL but only what goes on via Twitter trends and social media posts)

Seems like the NFL might be moving on from their shadow commissioner. They still harbour those anti-black sentiments and are Trump supporters but at least they are smart enough to not publicly do it in this climate. And as others have said, Jerry Jones is one of the reasons why I am a former Cowboys fan and don't watch the NFL.

Jerry Jones went 109 days without addressing the media

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back