Japan has 'privately concluded' that the Tokyo Olympics will have to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Times reports. .....

EB

Japan has 'privately concluded' that the Tokyo Olympics will have to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Times reports. Game organizers have publicly insisted that there is no current reason to believe the event will not go ahead

According to The Times, there is agreement among the ruling coalition that going ahead with the event is 'too difficult.' Publicly, the International Olympic Committee and the Japanese Government have insisted that the games, which were postponed by one year, will go ahead. "We have at this moment, no reason whatsoever to believe that the Olympic Games in Tokyo will not open on the 23rd of July in the Olympic stadium in Tokyo," IOC President Thomas Bach told Kyodo News earlier this week.

View: https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1352365900004024321

I am about ready to say that: If the Tokyo Olympics happens, the drinks are on me.

I mean, the Olympics are still a remote possibility, but..............

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's tough. A lot of wasted money. I'm sure they'll do the right thing and award the 2032 games to Tokyo.

And just like that, the State of Florida never misses an opportunity to embarrass itself.

No wonder Trump set up shop there. He couldn't even win his birth state but he won Florida. Crazy loves crazy.

Back