Jam Master Jay, Run-DMC DJ, Killed In Shooting

Sad day in Hip-Hop

How bout the media is already trying to link his death with Biggie and Tupac?? :mad: :smh:

My co-worker is from Queens and his brothers grew up with Run DMC.......well he got the call last night about the shooting and they say that earlier that day, Jam Master J got into an arguement with someone........he went to the studio that night, and there were about 7-8 people in the studio.......how bout the gunmen came in and made everyone in the studio move out of the way, and went straight to Jam Master J and shot him execution style? :( They evey said that one girl jump in the way to take the bullet, but the gunmen pushed her out of the way.

My prayers are with his family........he left behind a wife and 3 kids. :smh: :bawling:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Before I even heard about MTV, I was listening to RUN DMC.

Understand that this brother was still in or near the community where he was raised. But unfortunately some TV "talking head" will try to pin him and his life to the "violent" world of rap. Some will make him out to be part of the thug life. To me it would be false and wrong. But someone will run their mouths and will try to do it. I am betting on it.

Nevertheless, my sympathies go out to his family and friends.

May his soul rest in peace.

All this senseless, useless killing among the black, hip-hop generation is starting to get on my last nerve. I mean, it's ridiculous...it's almost something new everydamnday and I am so disgusted by this. I can guarantee you it's over some dumb isht that made no sense at all. Probably just someone jealous of the brother. This man had a wife with 2 or 3 children. GOD bless the family and my heart truly goes out to them.

NICCAS need to stop this isht. :smh:

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Re: Run DMC and Jam Master J...Huh!!!!!

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
Brothers need to stop the violence. This ish is uncivilized.

RIP Jam Master J :bawling:

*co-signing*

I heard it last night. RIP JMJ and prayers to the family. Dayum I have thrown up a lot of RIPs for people lately.

Damn, another dj legend passed away...

:(

verry sad.....a legend from the famous group that put in down since day 1.....

R.I.P. Jay from Run-Dmc....

you will always be rember as the best in the game, period....

one love!!!!

Whether he was a drug dealer or not, it's still not going to bring him back. He's dead.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by LaMont
Well, the NYC police are starting to build a theory that states that the murder of Jam Master Jay may have been over a long running drug dispute. Do you believe this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/36507p-34379c.html

Also, they stated that Jay was in debt way over his head and that several people may have had a motive to kill him.

LaMont

Agreeing with D-Town. I don't put much past people nowadays.

I saw a report about him being is some serious debt last week.

I hope this is not true. I am also wary of any press especially the New York press. They are really "cut throat"! They want to be the first to break with any type of breaking news. I always wait until the actual trial for facts.

Me and my brother was kind of figuring the same thing. Kind of like Merlin Santana.....and this idea kind of stem from us looking at the Temptations movie and looking at what happened to David Ruffin....you just don't know.

Two men have been indicted in the 2002 slaying of hip hop artist Jam Master Jay, which until now had been one of New York City's most notorious unsolved killings, three law enforcement officials told the Associated Press on Monday.

...........the suspects as Ronald Washington and Karl Jordan. Federal prosecutors were expected to announce the charges at a news conference Monday afternoon.

Washington, who had reportedly been living on a couch at Jay’s home in the days before his death, was publicly named as a possible suspect or witness as far back as 2007. He is currently serving a federal prison sentence stemming from a string of robberies he committed while on the run from police after Jay's death.

Back