Jaguar Nation Might Want to Make Plans for Jackson, Miss in 2002.

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
Top Secret:

Heavy planning and talking is underway, towards makign the SU v. JSU game a classic every year in Jackson. A source from a tourism agency in Jackson has confirmed that we are close to making a deal (5 year) with SU and JSU for the possibility of a Classic. This move would be economically smart for both institutions i think. How do you Jags feel about the possibility?

Remember you heard it hear first.
lol

Although we feel right at home in Jackson giving up a home game every other year don't sound like a good idea to me. Especially since we gave up one to play Tulane, so two home games on the road???? Don't think so.

I will reply only to say that such a statement does not deserve a reply. Remember, you heard it here first.

What needs to happen (but won't) is to schedule a doubleheader in the dome: JSU vs SU ; GSU vs UAPB and charge $50 per ticket!

65K fans at $50 each ===> $3,250,000 (Split 4 ways==>$800k plus each)

Would be chaos in the Dome, but man the concessions would be a mother for 8hours of football!:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Originally posted by MikeBigg
What needs to happen (but won't) is to schedule a doubleheader in the dome: JSU vs SU ; GSU vs UAPB and charge $50 per ticket!

65K fans at $50 each ===> $3,250,000 (Split 4 ways==>$800k plus each)

Would be chaos in the Dome, but man the concessions would be a mother for 8hours of football!:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

LOL, who would pay that much to see GSU and UAPB. What about St. Aug vs Shaw as the other game. :idea:

Probably some of the 40k that shows up annually for the Red River Classic in Shreveport. Man, you just wouldn't believe how Shreveport shows it's appreciation. Much better Hospitality than those jerks in Nawlins!

You're probably right though, It would be better for GSU and PB to get Evangel and WMonroe to play the other game. Tell me again when New Orleans had a State Champ!

A double header is a good idea. It would draw some major fans. I''m not sure about the teams though.....
Maybe

JSU v. SU
FAMU v. GSU

I sense some hatred from Mach. He's probably hating because, if we're truthful about the whole thing....GSU really draws no fans to the SU Cla.....i mean Bayou Classic.

LMAO
LOL
LOL
LOL
:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
I sense some hatred from Mach. He's probably hating because, if we're truthful about the whole thing....GSU really draws no fans to the SU Cla.....i mean Bayou Classic.

LMAO
LOL
LOL
LOL
:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
man you wrong for dat

but on the other side SU give up a home game to play all their games in jackson Ni_ _ _ _ PLEASE!!!!

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"

NT
As usual along with your football picks you are wrong. why split a pot when you can have it all to your self.

62,000 x $20 = $1,240,000 jackson's home game
76,000 X $20 = $1,520,000 in new orleans for su home game

why split it when you can have it all. no promoter is going/can pay a school that much. that's <H3>bowl game</H3> money.

NoiseTalka:
Don't count on SU making the trek to Jackson every year. I don't know of any promoter with pockets deep enough to persuade SU to give up a guaranteed home game sellout.

JSU may be willing to go to Memphis every year for about $200K but SU can make far more at home.

Ay, SU wouldn't you make more is you took a home game in Jackson every other year? 65,000K sell out brings much more change than a 25,000 sellout, you feelin me? Unless, ofcourse you all put your home game in New Orleans every other year, now that i can understand as a economically smart decision. I dunno, we'll all just have to see how it plays out. We should be hearing more about it in the very near future. I feel you though on all the dayum classics. I wish we could play Tenn. St. here somtimes.

I don't think SU would do it unless they get all the money on the year they host it. I am sure that Memorial is a lot cheaper than the Dome. Last I heard, the Dome was going for 350K. The highest number I have ever heard in reference to Memorial is only 10K. What's in it for SU moving it to Jackson??

The double header idea might work but JSU and SU don't need any attendance help. If anything the double header should be SU vs Alcorn and GSU vs one of the Alabama teams. Alcorn, SU and Gram fans would fill the dome by themselves.

The JSU/SU and GSU/ASU deal might be a nice deal... Call it the Magnolia/Pelican Classics or something. I wouldnt be in favor of JSU giving up its home games in 2002, 2004,and 2006. Why should we? We are selling out at 62K. We kive $10K to the state and the rest is ours.

Back