Jag Vision

cat daddy

http://www.theadvocate.com/sports/story.asp?StoryID=15781

SU, Cox Communications to unveil ?JagVision?

By JOE SCHIEFELBEIN
Advocate sportswriter

Southern?s homecoming game against Alabama A&M at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in A.W. Mumford Stadium will be the first SU game available on a pay-per-view basis.

Cox Communications of Baton Rouge will charge $34.50 for the service on what is being tabbed "JagVision." Early subscribers ? ordering before midnight on Friday ? will get a $5 discount on their monthly bill.

Customers set-top boxes, either analog or digital, can call 225-615-1000 or 1-877-859-1193 to set up the service.

Customers without a set-top box can pick up a temporary box from a Cox customer service center.

START TIME CHANGED: Southern?s home game on Nov. 17 with Prairie View has been set for 3 p.m. instead of 7 p.m.

That game was originally scheduled for Sept. 15 but postponed by the Southwestern Athletic Conference office in the wake of Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

INJURIES: Freshman tight end Dedrick Shelmire is likely out for the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in the third quarter Saturday. ... Junior defensive end Travis Dorsey (ankle) did not play Saturday and is probable against Alabama A&M. ... Junior cornerback Codie Smith-Robinson (hamstring), out against Tulane, may play Saturday.

ALABAMA A&M RUSHERS OUT: According to the Huntsville (Ala.) Times, Alabama A&M on Saturday will be without its top two running backs ? Curtis Donnell and Tieko Williams ? who both suffered injuries in a 26-14 loss Saturday at Jackson State.

Donnell (knee) has 46 carries for 231 yards and two touchdowns this season, while Williams has 33 touches for 118 yards. Both had one catch apiece.

Fullback Eddie Rowe (6-foot, 212 pounds), who has six carries for 25 yards, and Melvin Gideon, with 14 carries for 51 yards, will likely carry the load, A&M coach Ron Cooper said.

Also, A&M is deciding between three for its place-kicking job. Rashad Cylar, who?ll kick extra points, missed two field goas Saturday and is 1-for-5 this season.

SIBLING RIVALRY: SU freshman linebacker Darryl Hurst said he?d wear Tulane clothing to Tuesday night?s Southern-Tulane volleyball game. He said his sister Britney, a junior co-captain on Tulane?s volleyball team, wore Southern clothing for Saturday?s football game, won 41-7 by Tulane. Britney, a Southern Lab product like her brother, has attended summer workouts with the SU football team.

NOTES: Tulane?s Seth Marler went 4-for-4 on field goals, including from 50 and 44 yards, against SU, becoming the first place-kicker to connect against the Jaguars this season. Only Northwestern State, missing a 41-yarder, had tried a field goal in three previous SU games. ... SU running back Antoneyo Williams, the 1996 Mr. Football in Alabama, did not play Saturday. That?s two straight games in which Williams, with 11 carries for 16 yards and two TDs, has not played. He did not make the trip to for the Alabama State game.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Dude, isn't $34.50 kinda high for one game?

Soggy,

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I guess they will see shortly, wont they?

That price might be a bargin depending on where you live.

If you are an out-of-towner who has to pay transportation cost, lodging, etc. in addition to the cost of the ticket and grub, it might be cheaper to pay the $34.50 and stay at home and watch on the tube.

Regards.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
Dude, isn't $34.50 kinda high for one game?

DAMN NEGRO'S YA'LL PAY $50.00 FOR A TYSON KNOWING IT'S ONLY GOING TO LAST MAYBE 5 ROUNDS AND YOU WHINING ABOUT $34.50?....I BET YOU WONDER WHY WHITE FOLKS STAY AHEAD OF YA..DON'T YA?..DAMN

Originally posted by Dr. Mac
That price might be a bargin depending on where you live.

If you are an out-of-towner who has to pay transportation cost, lodging, etc. in addition to the cost of the ticket and grub, it might be cheaper to pay the $34.50 and stay at home and watch on the tube.

Regards.

Dr. Mac,

The question is, will anyone outside of Baton Rouge be able to catch it. Keep in mind that Cox Cable of Baton Rouge is offering this package. I don't know if this will be see on Cox Cable of Ruston, or Monroe or even New Orleans.

OH ...YEAH REMEMBER OLE SCHOOL MATH ......$34.50 DIVIDED BY 5....8.....10....DUH!!!

With the weather forecast calling for rain, a bunch of people might just decide to have a house party and watch the game.

SOG:

I don't know how widely it will be telecasted.

But even if I lived in BR, for my family of 5 and assuming $15 per ticket (and I don't know what the cost is), that's $75. $34.50 would still be a bargin.

If I lived in BR I would attend the game anyway. But still, $34.50 ain't bad for a pay-per-view telecast. You generally can't get them up here in Cincy for under $39.95.

Regards.

Originally posted by Dr. Mac
SOG:

I don't know how widely it will be telecasted.

But even if I lived in BR, for my family of 5 and assuming $15 per ticket (and I don't know what the cost is), that's $75. $34.50 would still be a bargin.

If I lived in BR I would attend the game anyway. But still, $34.50 ain't bad for a pay-per-view telecast. You generally can't get them up here in Cincy for under $39.95.

Regards.

$34.50 in Louisiana and $39.95 in Ohio. $19.99 should be the price.

Back