Jacksonville State

PNeck019

I was going to make this my last post on the other thread, but it's been closed.

Jacksonville State shouldn't accuse anyone of running. After six years of arse-whippings and last or second-to-last place finishes, they switch to a lesser conference and lo and behold, they win it.

To be fair, the OVC does make more geographical sense since Troy State left the Southland.

Bottom line on this topic for me: whether ADs are truly breaking these contracts for the reasons they say they are or not, as long as we keep getting arse-whippings from PWCs, every time something like this happens it will be perceived as running. Personally, I'd prefer to improve our programs so that we can compete with these people instead of avoiding them.

The bottom line is, Jax. St. was warned. I think we have been competitive with them since we've been on their level (Record of 1 - 2 with their 2 wins coming by less than a combined 10 points). As far as the crowd goes, sometimes problems have different parts or levels and you have to address the ones that you can when you can. Our AD did this. If we were trying to avoid anyone, I think it would have been Troy St. when they 1st went DI.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back