Jackson, Mississippi.

So wait!!! You saying Huntsville is only ahead of Jackson because its white and Jackson is black? WOWWWW!!!! First calling the MCC the official "Black Iron Bowl", now this......smh

That’s what Bamas do man. They went from saying Birmingham was the next Atlanta to saying Huntsville is this big progressive metroplex that’s bustling with attractions. Lmao
They don’t brag on Birmingham no more. Remember they said & believed Bham was getting an nfl team 😂.

So wait!!! You saying Huntsville is only ahead of Jackson because its white and Jackson is black? WOWWWW!!!! First calling the MCC the official "Black Iron Bowl", now this......smh
You sound about stupid as hell.... dont misquote me. My response was to why Jackson State will forever have more fans at home games than aamu.. because Jackson is in a all black city... and AAMU is in a mostly white ciyt.

You sound about stupid as hell.... dont misquote me. My response was to why Jackson State will forever have more fans at home games than aamu.. because Jackson is in a all black city... and AAMU is in a mostly white ciyt.

Funny how a thread smacking Jackson turned into JSU's attendance lol.

If there ain't enough black folks in H'ville then maybe y'all in the wrong location to start with.

Last edited:
I didnt misquote you. You just misspoke. I quoted what you said. Huntsville is white, so it's better than Jackson. That's what you said.

So, what makes Huntsville "light years ahead of Jackson"? Is it because the NASA museum is there? So, does that make Cape Cod the best place on the planet because the space rockets are launched from there?

I didnt misquote you. You just misspoke. I quoted what you said. Huntsville is white, so it's better than Jackson. That's what you said.

So, what makes Huntsville "light years ahead of Jackson"? Is it because the NASA museum is there? So, does that make Cape Cod the best place on the planet because the space rockets are launched from there?
Huntsville has its issues (not the only American city) but it has been very beneficial to me and many HBCU GRADUATES including JSU

Go back and read.... you took two quotes that I said off two different responses... and made up some bullshit. I never said Huntsville is white thats why its better than jackson..... I said that Jackson State will have a higher attendance because Huntsville is a mostly white city... Jackson has way more Blacks than Huntsville and thats why there attendance is much higher.

Please post that average salary and education level for Jackson Ms. and Huntsville Al.

My guess would be that Huntsville would come out on top.

Please post that average salary and education level for Jackson Ms. and Huntsville Al.

HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

Average Income
The average income of a Huntsville resident is $31,010 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a Huntsville resident is $49,060 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year.

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/alabama/huntsville

Most & Least Educated Cities in America
https://wallethub.com/edu/e/most-and-least-educated-cities/6656/

I'm still trying to figure out the point of this discussion or "smack thread" for that manner. Someone is trying to compare Huntsville, AL, which for the most part has an economy that is supported and bolstered by NASA which is the Federal Government! Huntsville is not an example of some predominately white American city that pulled itself into prosperity by its bootstraps but instead was essentially taken over by NASA and its legions of Engineers in the 60's to develop and test monstrous liquid fueled rocket engines so that America could be the first to put a man on the moon. The private industries that support NASA moved there because they wanted to be closer to the money machine. Huntsville is a nice prosperous predominately white city whose prosperity and infrastructure was and is NASA driven. Where else in this country can you drive past a scale model of a Saturn V Rocket and a Space museum and a Cotton field with 10 minutes of each other in the same town!

HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA

Average Income
The average income of a Huntsville resident is $31,010 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a Huntsville resident is $49,060 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year.

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/alabama/huntsville

So, if Huntsville is mostly white, than the blacks aren't getting that $49,060 household median. They will be getting far less.

So, if Huntsville is mostly white, than the blacks aren't getting that $49,060 household median. They will be getting far less.

I don't know. Dog81 only provided Huntsville, Alabama data mentioned by Olde Hornet. Maybe you can google the black Huntsville household median information. Plus, google the average salary in Jackson, Mississippi and the median....

I don't know. Dog81 only provided Huntsville, Alabama data mentioned by Olde Hornet. Maybe you can google the black Huntsville household median information. Plus, google the average salary in Jackson, Mississippi and the median....

Looks like the average black household income is below $40k. Look at the poverty percentage for blacks there.

Jackson, Ms

The Huntsville analysis included the population of the city of Huntsville only, and not Madison County and the metro area, while the Jackson analysis included the population of the city of Jackson, Hinds County, and the 3-county Jackson metro area. That's a problem in itself with the comparisons. If you include all of metro Huntsville, its numbers will go down, and If you include all of metro Jackson, its numbers will go up. That Jackson populaion of 583,000 includes the city of Jackson, Hinds County, Madison County, and Rankin County. The population of the city of Jackson proper is less than 175,000, and outside of the city of Jackson proper, all of those counties are mostly white. The metro populaion of Huntsville should be in the area of 500,000.

Last edited:
The Huntsville analysis included the population of the city of Huntsville only, and not Madiaon County and the metro area, while the Jackson analysis included the population of the city of Jackson, Hinds County, and the 3-county Jackson metro area. That's a problem in itself with the comparisons. If you include all of metro Huntsville, its numbers will go down, and If you include all of metro Jackson, its numbers will go up. That Jackson populaion of 583,000 includes the city of Jackson, Hinds County, Madison County, and Rankin County. The population of the city of Jackson proper is less than 175,000, and outside of the city of Jackson proper, all of those counties are mostly white. The metro populaion of Huntsville should be in the area of 500,000.

In spite of the circumstances, I think there are good people in both cities regardless of the income, crime rate, and education.

Income and Salaries for Jackson
- The average income of a Jackson resident is $19,042 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year.
- The Median household income of a Jackson resident is $33,080 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year.

https://www.bestplaces.net/economy/city/mississippi/jackson

According To FBI Statistics, These Are The 10 Most Dangerous Cities In Mississippi For 2020

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/mississippi/10-most-dangerous-cities-in-ms-for-2020/

JSU has always had fans show up. Even when Jackson was majority white when I was growing up as kid there. Went to many games with my Dad who played there and them folks were packed in Memorial. Back then you could take food in that mug. Lol

JSU has always had fans show up. Even when Jackson was majority white when I was growing up as kid there. Went to many games with my Dad who played there and them folks were packed in Memorial. Back then you could take food in that mug. Lol

JR, was that a SWAC thang? I remember going to Southern game and you could bring food and alcohol...

Reactions: JR
I cried when James Evans was killed in a car wreck in Mississippi and couldn't move his family out of the ghetto. I knew exactly how Wanda felt.

Back