Jackson, Mississippi.

I see everybody moved a county over.

With desegregation and the changing majority in the city, those who opposed desegregation moved into neighboring counties and towns. This was preceded by violent struggles (Medgar Evers (Alcorn alum) assassination, an attack by the state on JSU's campus, etc.)

Eventually, those folks pulled resources out of the city into those counties and towns. The so-called major colleges used to play some home games there but the joined in and left as well.

Seems the state is constantly at war with Jackson. Talk all the smack you want, but the things keeping Jackson going, IMO, are the hospitals, being the state capital, and JSU.

With desegregation and the changing majority in the city, those who opposed desegregation moved into neighboring counties and towns. This was preceded by violent struggles (Medgar Evers (Alcorn alum) assassination, an attack by the state on JSU's campus, etc.)

Eventually, those folks pulled resources out of the city into those counties and towns. The so-called major colleges used to play some home games there but the joined in and left as well.

Seems the state is constantly at war with Jackson. Talk all the smack you want, but the things keeping Jackson going, IMO, are the hospitals, being the state capital, and JSU.

Damn...that's sad.

Any??? Nahhh lol you gotta be more specific especially if the city of Jackson is all that you have to offer in comparison to Mobile Montgomery Birmingham or Huntsville lol
I know good and well you didn’t put Montgomery and Huntsville lol. Y’all got Birmingham and that’s it.

I know good and well you didn’t put Montgomery and Huntsville lol. Y’all got Birmingham and that’s it.

Oh I did...the AUDACITY of you to attempt to compare Ghetto Country Jackson to the city of Huntsville is pure comedy...you don't want to go list for list on the amenities each city has to offer to it's population....😭🤣

Light years ahead but y’all football game attendance at home is on par with Texas southern....
Only school in the SWAC located in a majority white city..... Jackson is in a majority black city and have alot of black locals to support.

Huntsville is LIGHT years ahead of Jackson......
Only school in the SWAC located in a majority white city..... Jackson is in a majority black city and have alot of black locals to support.
So wait!!! You saying Huntsville is only ahead of Jackson because its white and Jackson is black? WOWWWW!!!! First calling the MCC the official "Black Iron Bowl", now this......smh

Back