J-State Tiger and nem.....

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
Now at the beginning of the season yall were begging me to talk about "MY" school and not Lanier.....well.......

No. 8 Madison edges No. 4 Clinton 67-64

The Clarion-Ledger

CLINTON ? Jasen Craighead's 3-point basket from the corner with 30 seconds left lifted No. 8 Madison Central to a 67-64 overtime victory over No. 4 Clinton Tuesday night in a key Division 3-5A game.

The win pushed Madison Central, 19-3, atop the division at 2-0 and avenged a pair of earlier losses to the Arrows, 17-3 and 2-1.

The teams meet again on Feb. 3 at Madison Central.

"This puts us in first place for the moment," Jaguars coach Jeff Heath said. "This should give our guys some confidence that if we have to play Clinton again in the district tournament on their floor, we are capable of beating them there."

Craighead led Madison Central with 17 points. C.J. Jeffery added 16 and Ryan Young 10.

Jenario Bunton topped the Arrows with 20 points. His four-point play near the end of regulation helped send the game into OT.

"We weren't very poised at the end," Clinton coach Bruce Robinson said. "We missed three free throws near the end of regulation that could have given us a cushion."

Ivory Dishmon added 18 points and Sernell Williams 12 for Clinton.

19-3 BIAAAAAA
We don't play no games out in Madison. You know since our football team didn't make it to the North State Championship we would have to make up for it in some sport.....Who would have thought....Madison Central....a basketball school? lol.

It was a wild night last night. ......my boyz got handled at JSU.
#2 Provine - 64
#1 Lanier - 54

smh

Them Jags won the Battle of the Suburbs though. lol. :D :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Aaron when does, MC play Gville?? Yall are in for an ass kicking, playing them white boys in Clinton cant compare. The Delta teams are going to wreck in the tourney....

Trey,
Clinton has 14 players....all of whom are Black. Madison Central only has 2 White boys on the team. I'll find out when the game is. I might have to travel up there to see the Jags get in yall's sh*t. lol.

Here it is....
We only have 7 games left. 4 in the district. We play yal the night before the JSU-Valley game...hmmmmm..... i might be able to swing that.

Jan. 23.........Jim Hill (Home)

Jan. 27.........Grenada * (Away)

Jan. 30.........Greenville * (Away)

Feb. 3.......... Clinton * (Home)

Feb. 6 .......... Murrah (Away)

Feb. 10......... Greenville * (Home)

Feb. 13......... Wingfield (Away)

Yall are making me seriously consider going to this game.
Ay, do they play the games at G'ville's gym or T.L. Weston's?
How does all of that work. What school does the band practice at?....or have they done away with Weston's campus all together?

They play the games at Gville High school. The band pratices at GHS as well. They are about to build a state of the ART Band and Art complex. More things will be rebuilt as well. Once this is finished, GWHS will be like a mini college. I know right now, the students take up courses under a field, similiar to college. Students go to Weston and Greenville High as well, depending on what you are studying. Before the merger, Gville had an enrollment of 2100 students in 2001.

smh....i know right. I will be there tommorrow night. Are you goin to the game J-State Tiger?

#8 Madison Central vs.
#9 Jim Hill

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
smh....i know right. I will be there tommorrow night. Are you goin to the game J-State Tiger?

#8 Madison Central vs.
#9 Jim Hill

Uhhhh, it's T'06, and I don't know just yet. Yall be locking up black folx out there with 'Hinds County' plates!!! :lol:

I'm going to check the schedule for tomorrow and see what other interesting games are going on right here in the city. If there is none, then I'm going to MC....I'm sure Coach Harris reminded the boys about how yall beat us last year.

'We Ready' like Pastor Troy.....
Yall Ready like Tevin Campbell!!:lmao:

Just kidding! It should be a good game. Check your pm box tomorrow and I'll let ya know what the deal is.

MADISON CENTRAL - 64
JIM HILL - 61

BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

20-3
Try it on for size. It doesn't fit you give it back to me.
20-3 H**

I got a chance to catch the 4th quarter and Overtime. Were you there? We sent yall arse back to Jackson crying. lol.

To all those Laneir Bulldog fans. Question? Which is more important?

How many State Basketball Titles you have?

or

How many student's including basketball players graduate, or get promoted to the next grade?

No smack! Just asking!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

...dayum SOP83. :rolleyes:
I'm guessin' that question is in regard to some of the stuff goin' on at Lanier... i.e. reorganization.
That whole situation is messed up. Sad part is not many quality teachers are gonna want to go into that neighborhood to teach. smh.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree. But reason for asking was simple. Lanier fans and alums are always ready to beat their chest about how many titles they have won, or jump all over you when someone talks negative about their basketball team. But no one has come forth and said "hey! We need to do something to see that our students get quality education".

When the school board would not let the basketball team play in Texas, parents and fans packed the meeting at Lanier, and some even made threats against Board members. But when the meeting was held about this latest matter, only a few cared to show up. Theres more to life then basketball.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Callaway has some issues to, but the fact that as an alum I am aware of what's going on over there, shows that I have an interest in seeing that those kids who are there now, get the same educational benefits I got when I was there. That's turn school pride.

I am proud of Lanier, Provine and C-way, but let's not let those kids forget what they are there for.

I feel ya. You haven't heard anything about a parent meeting or anything to discuss the state of the school since the Superintendent's announcement.

Back