It's not good when DaBrat can't have a party.

northern tiger

Just wanted to share this. The area where this incident occurred is in middle stages of gentrification. If you want to get a two bedroom condo in an apartment building that was gutted, you will be getting off of $150,000 minimum. A dude who I played ball with has an upscale restaraunt "Blu 47" across the street from this venue.

Once again, thugs ruin the fun for everyone else

April 12, 2005

BY MARY MITCHELL SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Some people have a knack for ruining a good time. Promoted as an all-night party, Da Brat's birthday bash ended abruptly Saturday night when four young men tried to force their way into the sold-out affair at the Harold Washington Cultural Center. Claude Johnson, 29; William Huntley, 20; Welsh Blake 22, and Tristan Spurlin 22, were arrested and charged with battery. Spurlin also was charged with unlawful use of a weapon and possession of ammunition.

It could have been worse.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mitchell/cst-nws-mitch12.html

Have I been away from home that long? When did 47th & King Dr become "Bronzeville"?

And how I remember seeing many R&B acts at the original Regal Theatre when I was a child.

Fiyah said:
Have I been away from home that long? When did 47th & King Dr become "Bronzeville"?

And how I remember seeing many R&B acts at the original Regal Theatre when I was a child.

Man, I wanna say you are the three letter word if you have been to the "original" Regal Theatre but I won't. :lol: Anyway. Yeah you have been away for some years. They trying, take that back, they are moving out the original residents of the area because folks have "finally" come to the realization how valuable the lands is because of it's close proximity to downtown and the lakefront. Ninety percent of "ALL" of the projects have been razed. Really don't see projects off of the Dan Ryan. White people tired of commuting from suburbs. Black folks live all up in Calumet City, Lansing, Country Club Hills. WHITE PEOPLE WANT THEY CITY BACK! Same thing going on the Westside. They have hooked up the area around the United Center. Even those Puerto Ricans in Humboldt Park.

That's where they got the idea for the plot of Barber Shop 2.

Back