Its it time for the Williams to leave tennis

Olde Hornet

Is it time for the Williams to leave tennis?

First Wimbledon, now the US open!!!

THIS IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 BAD calls in the last game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shame:
:shame:

and

A really bad call in the second game that cost her a break point.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man, the last game has to go down as one of the worst all time bad calls. She kept her composure, but those missed calls were _____ up.

Hell, you can REALLY make an arguement that those bad calls actually cost Serena the game. She tried not to let it get the best of her, but you could tell from her play it effected her. Serena is a good one for putting up with that trash.

Agreed, Serena handled it much better than I would have in that situation. She did not even bother to say anything about the three BAD calls in the final game of the match. It will be it interesting to see if this impacts the rest of her year on the courts.

In the Arkansas Democrat they report that Capriati had help in defeating Serena. The judge is from Portugal. :smash:

What's the deal with Serena? Is it the new shoes? Is it the Costume? Is it her new white boyfriend? She REALLY did get a raw deal last night.

p1_serena_ap.jpg

Serena

Serena falls to Capriati after chair ump's miscue
September 8, 2004 1:27AM

The umpire who mistakenly called Serena Williams' shot out won't officiate another match at this Open.
AP

NEW YORK (AP) -- Unfairly, unbelievably, Serena Williams was robbed of a point by an umpire's mistake at the U.S. Open, just like her sister was at Wimbledon.

It happened in the opening game of the third set between Williams and Jennifer Capriati, who went on to win their Open quarterfinal 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 Tuesday night.

"I'm very angry and bitter right now. I felt cheated. Shall I go on? I just feel robbed," a composed Williams said, laughing a bit. "At first, I thought it was another Wimbledon conspiracy."

Read the article ...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...4/09/07/capriati.serena.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I want to see what the USTA is going to say about all this. I want to see some action taken........

Hey what about e-mail's to the USTA? :flamethro :flamethro :flamethro

You know you can even go there...... "Is it a Black thang" two sister, two majors, several bad call, come on!!!!

Man, I saw that match last night...

that was some bullisht... :smh: :shame: All 3 of those calls weren't even close...the umpire just flat out got it wrong...point blank... what's really funny is how Capriati blew it off like she would've won anyway... *smh*

I saw the highlights this a.m. on sports center. Those were some HORRIBLE calls made. :tdown::tdown:
That umpire really wanted Serena to lose. :smh::smh:
USTA officials apologized to Serena after the match.

:sad: What's done is Done.

I hope that this does not deter (sp) her from finishing up the rest of the season.
Those were some bad calls made by the chair judge.
Venus got robbed also.

Well, it was stated in a particular article that Serena used the word "conspiracy" while describing how she felt about the game calling.

Naw...can't be, huh? :rolleyes:

I think it's time for Richard to light a fire under both of their asses again. I think they've lost their focus somewhat. They need that "ME AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality again.

The networks are hurting...Tiger isn't #1 in golf. Now Venus and Serena are falling off. Ratings are in the toilet. Somethings going to change very soon!!!

Re: Is it time for the Williams to leave tennis?

Olde Hornet said:
First Wimbledon, now the US open!!!

THIS IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They jacked Serina pretty good, although ole girl was playing good against her.

How can judges, with 1 job to do, (look at a big arse white line and see what side the ball lands on), miss so many calls.

MO is a mutha, and these "missed calls" came at times when Serina was getting in a groove. You could see the "WTF" feeling getting to her before it actually did. She kept trying to play it off. :(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I believe that the integrity of the game(s) can be compromised when obvious mistakes are allowed to stand. Even though the umpire has been removed for the rest of the Open, if her goal was to use her power to insure that Serena would lose, then mission accomplished.

NASTYNUPE said:
I think it's time for Richard to light a fire under both of their asses again. I think they've lost their focus somewhat. They need that "ME AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality again.

The networks are hurting...Tiger isn't #1 in golf. Now Venus and Serena are falling off. Ratings are in the toilet. Somethings going to change very soon!!!

NASTYNUPE...

You're preaching to the choir man. People tend to forget that good ol' Michael Jordan sold a lot of Gatorade, Hanes briefs and Nike stuff...but MJ NEVER FORGOT WHAT BUTTERED THE BREAD. HE NEVER FORGOT WHO HE WAS FIRST, A BASKETBALL PLAYER....

I personally think Venus and Serena started to get too caught up in acting, interior designing, dating Lavar Arrington and white boys and designing clothes, instead of what brought them to the dance in the first place - physically dominating on the tennis court. I tend to believe the injuries for both of them kinda started after they began to get distracted with all their other dealings...

Speaking of distracted tennis players...Andre Agassi, the greatest, if not one of the greatest, men's players of all time, was hella distracted when he was younger (remember the hair, ripped shorts and the rebel thingy)...well he figured out what brought him to the dance and the rest is history.

Who knows, maybe getting ucked fover by the judge lit that fire under her. If I were her, I'd be dedicating myself 100 percent to the game so that no botched calls could decide a match for me...

Just my 2 cents worth.

Serena got hosed. The calls were horrible and of course the umpire is outta there from now on. I'm sorry, I cannot believe there is a conspiracy against Venus and Serena BUT, if your so inclined to think that way, I certainly cannot blame you.

Back