It really makes you wonder!!!

TRUMPET MASTER

If the swac and meac hosted a battle of the bands for all hbcu bands (In the stands only) who would win and how much would it be supported

I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for saying this but,....
In the stands it would be a tight toss up between FAMU, Tenn State, Jackson State and as things stands right now Morris Brown(I'm not too sure about their current status).

There is a huge market for an event of this type if promoters know how to pitch the sell.
This is only my opinion based on what I've seen last year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Oh really............

Well based on what you ARE GOING to see :eek2: this year, you will definitely be adding the Praire View A&M Marching Storm to that list of "The Greats" :rolleyes: . That is just based on what PV plans to do this year in the SWAC. Also my opinion but most will definitely become believers in good fun. :p

Originally posted by Legend35
I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for saying this but,....
In the stands it would be a tight toss up between FAMU, Tenn State, Jackson State and as things stands right now Morris Brown(I'm not too sure about their current status).

There is a huge market for an event of this type if promoters know how to pitch the sell.
This is only my opinion based on what I've seen last year.

Look out Legend35! Can you guess which group is getting ready to bombard this thread and make it do a serious U-turn? :rolleyes:

I agree! An event such as this would have to be thoughfully planned out in order to get the type of results to keep it going year after year. It would be very interesting though..:)

:wavey:

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
Look out Legend35! Can you guess which group is getting ready to bombard this thread and make it do a serious U-turn?
Hi ShyLadyTiger,... and yes I know.

Re: Oh really............

Originally posted by Supakrab
Well based on what you ARE GOING to see :eek2: this year, you will definitely be adding the Praire View A&M Marching Storm to that list of "The Greats" :rolleyes: . That is just based on what PV plans to do this year in the SWAC. Also my opinion but most will definitely become believers in good fun. :p
I'm looking forward to it.

To be perfectly honest I think Famu, Southern, P.V., Jackson St. and Grambling(If we just had to focus on music) and U.A.P.B to.

Famu-There big broad sound will fill up the dome or open stadium. There are very musical, but other than there ballads there arrangements are simple.

Southern-This is a band that will take your heart if you let them. Alot of people say Southern only knows how to play fortissimo, I disagree. One thing they do know how to do is, battle.

P.V.- The band that people seem to forget about sometimes. There presence in swac is felt. They have a good sound and good arrangements.

Jackson St.- The other band that will take your heart at any given time. There musicality is great, good arrangements, overall about the best band in swac at the moment.

U.A.P.B.- To they are the best kept secret in the swac. Good Sound, good arrangements, good variety of arrangements and good sound.

Grambling- Grambling is a good band they just need to fix a couple of problems in the infrastructure. If they were a B.O.B just stand I know that the World Famed would shock the world.

Just an opinion
Just an apinion

Back