It has to be asked..(regarding the spring SWAC title)

atl hornet

Is this spring SWAC Championship legitimate, or do you put an asterisk next to it?

Arguably the best team in the east didn’t play this spring, and many games had to be canceled. How do you really feel about a spring champion under those circumstances?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Is this spring SWAC Championship legitimate, or do you put an asterisk next to it?

Arguably the best team in the east didn’t play this spring, and many games had to be canceled. How do you really feel about a spring champion under those circumstances?

Well, the same way I would feel about a fall champion under those circumstances. Even if the game had been played in the fall, I think the result would have been the same. It is what it is. A&M won. Just like the election, it is over. Lets move on. Just saying.

Oh, just out of curiosity, would you ask that question if Alabama State was the spring champion? Hey, I am just asking.

Psst...Psst.....Hey @atl hornet -->
backfired GIF by FirstAndMonday

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The one who team didn’t make the cut started the post lol chill. If Bama state was in the title game and won it you wouldn’t post the question. They decided not to play so that’s on them just like many teams in other conferences decided to opt out. There is no reason to pose that question at all. See you in the fall. By the way we beat all the teams on our schedule. The swac is stronger than ever and if we can land some TV deals the conference will attract more top talent. I like the direction of the conference not just for athletes but for top educators as well. Why not choose the swac if you aspire to be a doctor, lawyer, POTUS, etc.

As much as we go back and forth with Mighty JSU, I thought this smack question would come from them. After seeing my good friend, Bewildered, and the other JSU faithful giving props, I knew the question would not be on this forum. Then here you come with your pettiness. If you want to place an asterisk by it then do so. How bout putting 5 asterisks by AAMU cause we are good company.

* University of Alabama Crimson Tide
* LA Lakers
* Baylor Bears
* Tampa Bay Bucs
* Alabama A&M

PS: Get a Life!

They lined up and played what schedule they could... championship is legit... we’ll see if this team is really legit in the fall when they’ll have a full slate of games to play... that’s where your question will be answered.... and nobody in the SWAC need not make an excuse with players getting extra eligibility.

Alabama A & M persevered under the same conditions that all other teams faced. They handled their business on the field, and apparently they were quite adept in navigating through COVID as well. Props to them. Hopefully, my Braves will be back in the mix in the fall. Congratulations AAMU on your 2021 Football Championship!

Last edited:
Back