It has to be asked..(regarding the spring SWAC title)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Is this spring SWAC Championship legitimate, or do you put an asterisk next to it?

Arguably the best team in the east didn’t play this spring, and many games had to be canceled. How do you really feel about a spring champion under those circumstances?
No...that need to be asked....sheesh

Connell Maynor doing the Jukebox speaker Challenge with the SWAC football championship trophy..."no time for losers cause We are the champions" 🎺🎷🥁😭🤣
20210502_171058.jpg

Legitimate champ, it’s sad a poster from Bama St would say that. Lakers, Bama, and etc,,, are not champions, smdh. I know who won’t be sniffing a SWAC Championship for the next 20 years and that’s Bama St. Good luck to all SWAC Teams this Fall!
Go Bulldogs!

I’m gonna admit......if my Golden Lions had won, I was prepared to hear the “It’s Spring, so the championship doesn’t count” 🗑!

Naturally, I think my Golden Lions are the best team in the SWAC......BUT I do accept and acknowledge that the Alabama A&M University Bulldogs are the SWAC CHAMPIONS! While the pandemic changed when the season would take place, Conference mandates regarding championship bid and crowning did not change! Mandatory COVID testing, documentation, and precautions were ADDED to what was already in place. So since conference protocol regarding championship guidelines & procedures didn’t change, AAMU is the rightfully deserved SWAC champions!

You all know I didn’t think our conference should’ve had a football season this Spring. I work in healthcare and have seen more than what I would’ve liked about what this virus is capable of.

But I have to commend every single team in our conference who played this season. I can imagine how much focus it takes to remain physically, mentally, emotionally and psychologically fit for the sport, but now you have to add conscious awareness of the virus on top of all that, and be responsible! I applaud those teams that managed to do this. And I respect those teams who made the tough decision to opt out, in the name of health & safety.

Those refs were good and terrible at the end of the game with a running clock taking over a minute off the clock from UAPB (couldnt post this in the other thread since it was locked)

That being said, no asterik. For AAMU and UAPB to go into the game undefeated with numerous postponements due to COVID yet still put on a classic show at a high level is to be commended.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That damn Maynor is a Cold dude...letting coaches go off a staff that just won a championship! Wow... I like the call but it takes some nuts to do it! lol

Is this spring SWAC Championship legitimate, or do you put an asterisk next to it?

Arguably the best team in the east didn’t play this spring, and many games had to be canceled. How do you really feel about a spring champion under those circumstances?

No regarding any "asterisk". Alabama A&M won the officially sanctioned SWAC Championship game and are therefore the Spring '21 SWAC Football Champions. If anyone questions the legitimacy of that title, I suggest that they take up those concerns with Dr. McClelland.

And I don't think that @Stillabrave would put an asterisk behind Alcorn's name if they were the champs. If I am wrong , I apologize.

Look, I have no dog in this fight. I have not lived in Alabama in almost 50 years. I have never set foot in Arkansas. I just don't see the point in raining on A&M's or anybody's parade for that matter.

The SWAC has always hated AAMU from the time we joined the conference.

The SWAC has always hated AAMU from the time we joined the conference.

hated so much they were trying to wish Maynor away from us lol they don't want us winning SWAC Championship Game Trophys😭🤣

If the SWAC hated yall, from the time you joined, why did they allow you to join the conference in the first place?? Come on people, really??? It is not hate, it is just good healthy banter (which makes this board and the SWAC exciting).

The only thing I don't like is the asterisk that some people want to put behind your name as the SWAC Champion. But other than that, you like the rest of the SWAC, is fair game.

If the SWAC hated yall, from the time you joined, why did they allow you to join the conference in the first place?? Come on people, really??? It is not hate, it is just good healthy banter (which makes this board and the SWAC exciting).

The only thing I don't like is the asterisk that some people want to put behind your name as the SWAC Champion. But other than that, you like the rest of the SWAC, is fair game.
The hate has never bothered us! we welcome it and laugh at it...feels great to now be apart of the "more than 1 SCG title" club lol. We plan to win more with Maynor on the Hill for the next 5 years...Go Bulldogs

Back