Is this hilarious or what?

PV-PRIDE

Arrington to Sapp: 'I'm going to get you'
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) ? Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington looked directly into the TV camera and delivered a sharp message to Warren Sapp. "Sapp," Arrington said. "I'm going to get you."

LaVar Arrington pledges not to put up with any of Warren Sapp's pregame antics.
By H. Darr Beiser, USA TODAY

Much like the contrived trash talk engendered by broadcast reporters before events like the Super Bowl, the Redskins linebacker challenged the Pro Bowl defensive tackle on two fronts Wednesday as the Redskins prepared for Sunday's game against Sapp's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. (Related item: Redskins team report)

First, Arrington said he'll take issue if Sapp comes on Washington's side of the field during pregame stretching, as Sapp has been known to do. Such pregame altercations have led the NFL to order officials to take the field 45 minutes before kickoff.

"I'm expecting for Warren Sapp to cause me to grab him ? because he's going to try to run through our lineup in pregame," Arrington said. "You never let a man run through your stretching line. If a team crosses your 50-yard line while you're stretching, there's a problem.

"You don't let somebody come to where your whole team is because that's a blatant show of disrespect, that's a blatant show of 'Why should I go around y'all?'"

Arrington was then asked what will happen if the Bucs use Sapp on offense. Sapp caught a touchdown pass against Atlanta two weeks ago.

"Sapp, I'm going to get you," Arrington said, looking straight into one of the cameras from a local TV station.

"If they put you out there, I'm going to get him. That's disrespectful in my opinion, too, to put defensive guys on offense that are lineman. I'm gunning. You come out there, you've got some killers on the other side of the ball ? just like you're a killer when you're on defense."

Sapp laughed after reading Arrington's comments.

"You tell Mr. Can't Get Right, I'll be there at 10:30 a.m. sharp, eastern standard time. Tell him don't be looking for me because I'm easily found," Sapp said, making reference to the difficulty the Redskins had mastering the defense run by former coordinator Marvin Lewis last season.

"Spare me. Is LaVar jealous that he can't play offense?" Sapp added. "Is he jealous that he can't get right? Tell 'Can't Get Right' that his plate is full. It's a little bit too much to try to take on me."

yes, this is hilarious...I love Warren Sapp and those Mighty Bucs of Tampa Bay. I'm sure this is only pumping the teams up even more.

NFL Smack.....:lmao:

Back