Iowa State's Bolton accuses Penn State coach Chambers of racism

Olde Hornet

Iowa State's Bolton accuses Penn State coach Chambers of racism.
:tiptoe:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...ach-chambers-of-racism/ar-BB16ox4z?li=BBnb7Kz

Iowa State guard Rasir Bolton leveled allegations of racism against his former coach, Penn State bench boss Patrick Chambers.

"A 'noose' around my neck is why I left Penn State," Bolton wrote in a tweet on Monday. "Head coach Patrick Chambers, the day after his one-game suspension in January 2019, in talking to me referenced a 'noose' around my neck. A noose; symbolic of lynching, defined as one of the most powerful symbols directed at African Americans invoking the history of lynching, slavery, and racial terrorism. Due to other interactions with coach, I knew this was no slip of the tongue."

Bolton said he reported the incident to his academic advisor, and both he and his parents spoke with the Penn State athletic director's office.

"During this time coach Chambers admitted to what he said," Bolton continued. "I was provided one meeting and a phone number to text with a psychologist. I was taught 'ways to deal with coach Chambers' personality type.' Coach Chambers never apologized, he said he was 'from the north and wasn't aware.'

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back