ING Orange Savings Account

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
Anyone opened an account? I decided to open an account earlier this month and use it as out of site out of mind.

Toi,
There are no fees, charges, or minimum amount.
You have the option of doing it online or by mail. I mailed mine in and enclosed a check. You can choose to have automatic withdrawals from your checking account, at whatever intervals and amounts you choose.
The APY now is a lil over 3%, which is higher than most banks.
Plus, if you hurry (I think its before the end of the month), you'll get an extra $25 to open your account.

I opened one with Zions bank in Utah even though I'm in Texas. My account is not a savings account -- Its a money market and at the time I opened the account, it had the high APY. The only difference that if its an emergence or something, I can pull money out 3 times a month without being charged.

I used bankrate.com to choose what was the highest APY. Here are some current rates but I think it matters by your location. I chose houston:

http://bankrate.com/brm/rate/mmmf_mmaratehome99.asp?params=TX,16&product=33

I have an Orange saving account. But, sometimes I forget I have money there. I never check my balance. I need to start making regular deposits.

Back