ING Direct

Shamocha

Deserving Of Everything
Has anyone ever used them? About 5 yrs ago someone told me that I should open a savings account with them but I was a little skeptical about having a bank account with a company that doesn't have a branch I can walk into. The reviews online seem to be ok. I was thinking about trying out a savings account.

They pay the best interest rates. They were giving new customers $25 to $50 to open an account.

ING Direct is a pretty good company. I've had a account with them a little over a year now. I wouldn't say they have the best rates as of right now. AmTrust Direct is offereing 5.36 for their e-Market account and 5.41 for a 12 month cd. ING Direct is only offering 4.50 for their Savings Account.

Here is a website that list the banks with the best rates. Scroll down to the bottom to see the lists.

Bank Deals: http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/

I don't have an account with them, but I know several folks who do. They are satisfied with their service and rates.

ING Direct is a pretty good company. I've had a account with them a little over a year now. I wouldn't say they have the best rates as of right now. AmTrust Direct is offereing 5.36 for their e-Market account and 5.41 for a 12 month cd. ING Direct is only offering 4.50 for their Savings Account.

Here is a website that list the banks with the best rates. Scroll down to the bottom to see the lists.

Bank Deals: http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the link!!! Those are for $10,000 minimum. Orange gives you a high rate without having the $10,000 min or being locked in for a CD. Those are some good interest rates on that sight....

Has anyone ever used them? About 5 yrs ago someone told me that I should open a savings account with them but I was a little skeptical about having a bank account with a company that doesn't have a branch I can walk into. The reviews online seem to be ok. I was thinking about trying out a savings account.

I know I'm late but.... I have a savings account with ING. It's a good bank, the site is easy to use, you can set up multiple sub accounts, and if you sign up through an email referral you get an additional $25 in your account (if you deposit a minimum of $250).

Also, if you refer someone & they sign up with a minimum $250 you'll get $10 added to your account so hit me up if you'd like an email referral :nod:. I opened an account for myself and one for my child receiving $60 bonus money in the first month.:tup:

Although there are no branches to walk into (except in New York, I think), ING has free ATM access at more than 32,000 ATM locations (according to their web site).

ING Direct or other Savings Accounts

Do any of you use ING Direct? I am asking because I am looking to open a savings account for my 8 year old.
I got a mailer from ING Direct, and I like their return percentage on their savings accounts.
What I don't like is that you have to associate one of your current checking accounts with them,
in order to open a savings account. I am always skeptical when it comes to stuff like that.

So, my question is, what information can you share with me as it relates to who you "save" with and would you/do you use ING?

Thanks

Re: ING Direct or other Savings Accounts

Do any of you use ING Direct? I am asking because I am looking to open a savings account for my 8 year old.
I got a mailer from ING Direct, and I like their return percentage on their savings accounts.
What I don't like is that you have to associate one of your current checking accounts with them,
in order to open a savings account. I am always skeptical when it comes to stuff like that.

So, my question is, what information can you share with me as it relates to who you "save" with and would you/do you use ING?

Thanks

Thunder, read the post right above yours & you'll have the info you seek.

Also, all online banks insist that you transfer the money electronically from an existing checking account, that's how they can afford to keep the interest rates high. Less paperwork & less employees to hire to handle the paperwork.

I bank with both ING and HSBC. Been with ING since 2004 and HSBC since early last year when they were offering a 6% promotional rate.

What's the advantage of having an account w/ them?

Online banks offer higher interest rates, auto-draft to save automatically, no fees, little to no minimum balance, less access (helps some people save more & not blow their money), and nice incentives like giving you money for opening an account.

With ING if you sign up thru a referral email and deposit a minimum $250, the bank deposits an extra $25 in your account and $10 into your friend's (the person who referred you) account. Once you sign up, you'll get 25 email referrals to send to others for a max possibility of an extra $250 in your account on top of the $25 they gave you for opening in the first place... :tup:

Back