Information on the HBCU Football All-Star Game....?

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
Do you all know if this thing was scratched totally or what. When is the HBCU Football All-Star game they are supposed to be starting? Will it start next year? Anyone know where I can get information about that?

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Do you all know if this thing was scratched totally or what. When is the HBCU Football All-Star game they are supposed to be starting? Will it start next year? Anyone know where I can get information about that?

NT,

I believe the plan is/was for it to start next year. Don't be surprised, however, if it goes the way of the I-AA ASG. There's too many games out there already. If they (scouts) want to see someone, they'll make sure he's invited to one of the others.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: Information on the HBCU Football All-Star Game....?

Originally posted by PNeck019
NT,

I believe the plan is/was for it to start next year. Don't be surprised, however, if it goes the way of the I-AA ASG. There's too many games out there already. If they (scouts) want to see someone, they'll make sure he's invited to one of the others.

Come on. Do you really think that all the HBCU players that deserve to be in the ASG will actually be invited. How many when from the SWAC. Tramon Douglas, Kent, Octavious Bond, lenny williams? Do you think that is a fair assessment of the talent in the SWAC? An HBCU all star game is needed. It just need to start small and grow. Not try to have it in the superdome. Try a campus stadium.

Re: Re: Re: Information on the HBCU Football All-Star Game....?

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
Not try to have it in the superdome. Try a campus stadium.

The game is schedule for next year at Tad Gormaly(sp) stadium. An outdoor stadium that seats about 30k and primary is use for high school games. Tulane has played their last two homecoming game there. Great location, near city park so the tailgating would be tight.

Back