In 2018, with women fighting for equality, is it still necessary for a woman to take& use her husban

I've have never understood what the issue was....it is a name, the couple should decide amongst themselves...either way, doesn't matter. I hyphenated my name when I married....when I got my first job, the doc said, it's too long for the sign, choose one or the other...I chose his and that became my professional name....Now here we are divorced for a decade and they still call me by HIS last name...his new wife is about to stroke out cause i still have HIS last name...but once I remarry, I'll trash all that and use my new hubby's last name...I think...but one thing for sure, you can ALWAYS find me under my maiden name.

So, to each their own. If it is a sticking point for the man, they need to have deep discussions to figure it out. Peace..

My wife took my last name on certain things. When 2018 came she had to change her nursing license and she took my last name. It takes a little to convert everything. We are a conservative household when it comes marriage.

The best feeling in the world to me was when I saw her bank statement come in the mail and it had my last name on it. It was great, yet scary feeling because it showed that I have taken new steps in my life but also I have a great responsibility.

Also, lets be real does this issue deal with equality?

There is no equality in marriage. Some days my wife is pulling 100% while I pull 0%. Another day it may be 40% to 60%....the issue is simple...find someone who compliments you period. Articles like this do nothing but cause problems in marriages where there already problems. These types of articles also provide a misconception of what marriage is.

My wife and I did not go through the spiritual marriage counseling. We do one thing respect one another. We are mature enough to realize that we will argue, we will be mad at one another, but most importantly we respect one another and communicate with one another.

One of the biggest problems we have is with her independence. She does not like to rely on me and would rather just do it herself. This is because she was a single parent for so long. Now she has kinda released our son to me because she doesn't speak man and sit backs let men do what we do.

Truth be told we are having fun being married because we are realistic with our expectations of one another.

I've have never understood what the issue was....it is a name, the couple should decide amongst themselves...either way, doesn't matter. I hyphenated my name when I married....when I got my first job, the doc said, it's too long for the sign, choose one or the other...I chose his and that became my professional name....Now here we are divorced for a decade and they still call me by HIS last name...his new wife is about to stroke out cause i still have HIS last name...but once I remarry, I'll trash all that and use my new hubby's last name...I think...but one thing for sure, you can ALWAYS find me under my maiden name.

So, to each their own. If it is a sticking point for the man, they need to have deep discussions to figure it out. Peace..

When my sister got divorced she changed all her stuff the next week and dared a person to call her by that fools last name. I still got a bullet waiting on his ass whenever I see him...bet that!

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about this yesterday and at this point in my life, it doesn't matter. As long as she brings something worthwhile to the table, I'll be happy.
The thing my ex did, was something I'd never heard before, she dropped her birth middle name and change it to her maiden name and then took my last name. So it was her first name-maiden name-my last name.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and at this point in my life, it doesn't matter. As long as she brings something worthwhile to the table, I'll be happy.
The thing my ex did, was something I'd never heard before, she dropped her birth middle name and change it to her maiden name and then took my last name. So it was her first name-maiden name-my last name.

My mother did the same.

Also, my cousin and I have the same last name and our wives have the same first name. I'm building a house across the street from them. SMH...LOL...

Back