I'm Also Very Proud That My Wife Is White': Folks Confused UNC's black coach

CEE DOG

Ok I'm I the only one confused here? :crazy:

'I'm Also Very Proud That My Wife Is White': Folks Confused After UNC's First Black Head Coach Makes Odd Remark During Presser

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
confused golden globes GIF

He just felt that he had to make them comfortable: I'm not getting involved in all this BLM mess; I'm one of the good ones; I love me some Missy.

Yes, and making an azz out of himself in the process. In Hubert, UNC has the acceptable safe negro they can live with, and judging by his remarks he is quite willing to re-ensure them and let the rest of the world know he is the black guy they have been seeking.

Yes, and making an azz out of himself in the process. In Hubert, UNC has the acceptable safe negro they can live with, and judging by his remarks he is quite willing to re-ensure them and let the rest of the world know he is the black guy they have been seeking.

He already had the job 10 years ago when he left ESPN. It was expected for him to take over after Roy.

As for safe Negro-we will see what recruits and how much donors give to their new black coach. I am sure Shaka, Patrick Ewing, Stackhouse, Terry Porter, Doneyll Marshall, Damon Stuadamire and others thought everyone was onboard until they started missing out on recruits.

Not everyone wants to play for a black coach.

He already had the job 10 years ago when he left ESPN. It was expected for him to take over after Roy.

Hence, my use of the word re-ensure. Ten years into the future and he still felt the need to make them feel comfortable. He doesn't owe them that. He is an alum, played their and played professionally. He belongs and doesn't have to compromise on being unapologetically black . Men who have coached at PWIs like Nolan Richardson, John Chaney, John Thompson and Tubby Smith have already proven that.

As for safe Negro-we will see what recruits and how much donors give to their new black coach. I am sure Shaka, Patrick Ewing, Stackhouse, Terry Porter, Doneyll Marshall, Damon Stuadamire and others thought everyone was onboard until they started missing out on recruits.

Not everyone wants to play for a black coach.
Do you think he got the job absent of donor approvals? Their A.D. possibly moves solo on football matters...well up until bringing Mack Brown back on board, but I think it is unlikely any A.D. makes a move in basketball at Chapel Hill without donor considerations. In my opinion he won't get it all, but he'll get enough dark money to get his players in, and he can definitely expect to receive that same short leash known to exist for all first time black head coaches at historically successful PWI programs.

How man championship did he predecessor win? He won three. So, if he doesn't win a championship in 3-4 years. He is out of there in Chapel Hill.

Hopefully, he will find his own pedigree to coach, and not try to imitate someone else's style.

Back